• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nothing so good, sadly - just some bozos from California trying to flog little computers
    Those don't taste so good with custard.

Plus it probably stops it working.

However, we shall fight them on the beaches!

Man-of-war spotted along coast in Cornwall and Wales - BBC News

And, in other news, the R4 comedy got switched off before it had started since the endless fecking trails had already irritated me beyond endurance.

Which, it must be said, doesn't take an awful lot these days, as the kitchen wireless found out to its cost.

Comment

Well, that's the Apple thing done. Nice as the fancy new phone looks, I may wait until the improved version comes out next year - my iPhone 6 is still fine for my purposes.

I'm looking forward to getting the new Apple TV 4K in a couple of weeks and seeing such of my purchased films as are available in 4K upgraded at no charge

Though this also means I've wasted my money on a couple of the 4K Blu-rays I've bought

Anyway, I suppose I should start thinking about what to have for dinner.

Comment

Raining out, and it looks like the wind's starting to build

Comment

Windy out, had dinner at a local establishment, now TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In Zeity mode for tea this evening, as it was fish. Cod fillet in batter to be precise, with chips and beans. Very toothsome

Comment

The ZeitTea, as per NF, was cod in batter, M&S cod in batter of course, it was very nice. It was sans chips.

This evening's entertainment was "San Andreas" with Dwayne Johnson as a FDLA helo pilot.

San Andreas (2015) - IMDb

It was quite amusing, and, oddly, for a 12 cert, it had one "feck" in it.

Ioan Gruffudd played a cowardly billionaire.

The daughter had a very impressive chest. I presumably must have noticed this when she was in True Detective but I have no memory of it.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 13 September 2017, 08:00.

Comment

Just been out the back. It's very cold and soggy out there, and getting windy too

Wonder what the drive to ClientCo will be like in the morning. I don't like it when the HGVs are getting blown off course; the A14 isn't really wide enough for that kind of thing

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Goodnight all

I have an impression that I'm going to count sheep tonight.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out there, with lots of clouds beneath a layer of cloud, scudding along in what seem to be quite windy conditions

The rain's stopped here though, so that's something.

Comment

Working...
                      X