• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost: One Will to Live.

Originally posted by original PM View Post

suffering a bit - tennis elbow diagnosed by doc on Friday and managed to stub/break big left toe on saturday.

if I was a horse you would shoot me.

Don't worry, it gets even worse with time.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 September 2018, 11:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Right, I'm off to do the shopping I didn't get around to doing last week

Comment

Shopping done. My bag for life gave up its unequal struggle with the vicissitudes of the world, but it degraded moderately gracefully, giving way at one handle as I was lifting it into the car so nothing got smashed up

Comment

Thank feck that's over for another year.

CPD came up again.

As if I give a tulipe.

It is nice when the bag for life gives up gracefully rather than depositing £10 worth of beer on the floor in pieces of broken glass.

Note to self: buy carrots this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Shopping done. My bag for life gave up its unequal struggle with the vicissitudes of the world, but it degraded moderately gracefully, giving way at one handle as I was lifting it into the car so nothing got smashed up
            I was rather disappointed with Adsa's particularly crappy 9p bag which didn't even survive it's first journey from shop to car before the seam split. Fortunately nothing broke.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I was rather disappointed with Adsa's particularly crappy 9p bag which didn't even survive it's first journey from shop to car before the seam split. Fortunately nothing broke.
              This one is several years old. It finally went around the handles - a hole developed beneath one of them, and the other was fraying in the same area.

I was going to ask them to replace it today, but the person attending the self checkouts had temporarily vanished when I arrived there, and I decided it would probably last another trip. I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Lost: One Will to Live.
                Make that two.

Comment

Finally got my life back after client migration over the weekend, only 2 weeks behind but hey that's the public sector for you.

One of the most complex apps I've ever worked with. After 2 months I can finally relax.

Sitting here with a beer eating a Freddo with popping candy. So I've got that going for me.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Tonight's epic was "MI III" which I wasn't particularly struck with.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317919/

Dunno why, bits of it got the FF treatment*.

Maybe I'm just MIed out.

And it's raining.

I wonder if it'll be raining tomorrow.

My Tesco bag for eternity, the blue one with the ladybirds on it, has survived for yonks, whilst carrying lots & lots of "stuff" home from "work".

It's had several running repairs, including the handle being stapled back on when the stitching gave out after a particularly heavy journey.

The New Slough of Despond is infested with flies & it's autumn.

It effectively enforced my will to resist sandwiches during the free lunch today.

Free sandwiches are one thing, free sandwiches that have had flies walking all over them is something completely different.

In other other other news, the new lab is effectively still without electricity on the benches and there's no sign of any movement to connect anything up.

* Just remembered why: J. J. fecking Abrams. The kiss of death to many a sequel.

Of course it could have been even worse:

At one point, Ricky Gervais was cast in the film as an ally to Ethan Hunt.

But due to various production and casting changes, Gervais had to pull out of the film and was replaced by Simon Pegg
                    for production and casting changes not to see that talentless twat.

Could have been even worser of course, had they contemplated that waste of space & oxygen, James "Fatbelly" Corden, who is even less talented than Gervais, though that's a difficult concept to get one's head around.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 September 2018, 06:50.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been chicken tikka masala with the usual accompaniments. Very nice, it was

Comment

Working...
                      X