• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all
    Millie's 9th birthday, so we went to the Bluebird Cafe in Ferring for a walk on the beach and breakfast.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I think that's mainly a concern when they're at sea - a heavy swell can be enough to make it snap if the load isn't evenly distributed, as it ends up with varying levels of support at different points along its length.

Well, that's my theory, and my ancestors on both sides of the family worked on Liverpool docks so it's probably in the genes or something
      and you work with Docker! Keeping the family tradition alive!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I realised I hadn't had sausages and bacon in a sesame seed baguette for a while. This omission has now been rectified

Comment

Having dozed upright in the armchair for an hour and a half, it seems to have gone away somewhat.

Managed to walk the estate, down to the garage and back up the new neighbour's garden.

Found a dead rat under the apple tree on their garden path.

Feeling too delicate to bother so it's still there.

Finally found one of the fan heaters so the living room is now 22 deg, which is acceptable.

This afternoon's entertainment was "To Have and Have Not" with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

Steamy stuff.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037382/

There's a very odd cartoon on the dvd taking the michael out of the film.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038318/

Next we have "Smokey and the Bandit".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076729/?ref_=nv_sr_1
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2018, 17:30.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Now the world has more or less stopped its unwanted and unwarranted spinning, I've managed to crawl out of bed, dress, and make my way downstairs.

Dunno what's caused what I take to be vertigo, but whatever it is I wish it would piss off.

It's 19 degrees in here & I''m freezing.

I was cold in bed with the thick duvet too.

Was going to wash the bed linen today but I suspect that, and the Saturday shop, are off the cards.

I've been detecting curiosities in my gait recently too, wonder if that's significant.

Min of 14 deg in the laundry room, currently 16.8.

Managed to walk as far as the front gate since the postman had left it open.
            get yourself to A&E, - could be a stroke, old son

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                get yourself to A&E, - could be a stroke, old son
                Well there's a happy thought.

A&E on a Saturday night.

Mmmmm.

I don't think so.

Now watching "The Trouble with Harry" with Edmund Gwen and Shirley MacClaine.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048750/

<hiatus>

It was rather good.

I watched about 10 minutes of the nutjobs on Oak Island, long enough to see that the diver surfaced from last week.

The camera work is too shaky for me to watch at the moment, so Hitchcock got watched instead.

The aforementioned filmic comedy was made in VistaVision and Technicolor.

I'm glad I cleared that up.

Vermont looked really pretty in the fall.

Unfortunately after the establishing shots they had a rain storm that knocked all the leaves off the trees, so they took the leaves back to Hollywood & stuck them on fake trees in the studio & shot the remainder of the film there.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 September 2018, 21:32.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese
                  And very nice it was

My ears have been feeling a bit sore the last couple of days, presumably because of getting used to the hearing aids, so I didn't put them in today until I went out for dinner. As a result, everything seemed ridiculously loud while I was outside, and in the Chinese

I still need more practice talking to other humans though, so I can relearn how to decipher speech when it has its higher-frequency components intact

Comment

Oh, and I did the laundry earlier

Comment

After much mucking around exploring browser variations in how thin a stroke they're willing to render in SVG, I finally got around to watching something: Batman Begins (2005) which I found most enjoyable

And after, another episode of The West Wing, this time featuring Mandy in a moderately prominent role; the character that Sorkin introduced with the vague feeling she'd probably serve some purpose near the start, then occasionally had to throw some lines to for contractual reasons, very occasionally managed to find a meaningful part for in a story, and quietly "disappeared" at the end of S1

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X