• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Turns out he had a heart attack. He’s recovering in hospital, will get a pacemaker fitted next week.
    Thanks for the hugs.
    Have another one.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just found out that Strangelove sis has sold her house for half a million quid.

Well there's a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Turns out he had a heart attack. He’s recovering in hospital, will get a pacemaker fitted next week.
        Thanks for the hugs.
        Have another one.
        WDSS <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There's a Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight, which means I have to have my dinner much earlier than usual, which feels like it's disrupting my whole day and stressing me out

As the rain's holding off briefly, I'm going to do the shopping. Then I don't have to bother about it tomorrow, and can spend the day trying to soothe my jangled nerves.
          Nerves still a bit jangled

When I went out to the car, as I walked out of our back gate into the big common area out the back where I park, there was a bloke stood right next to the Toyota, stooped slightly to get a good view as he checked out the interior of the car very closely. I called out to him and he said "Oh, hi" or something and started casually walking towards me to head past me out of the main gate on to the road.

I stopped him and asked what he was doing looking in my car, to which he replied that he didn't know it was my car; a good example of telling the truth while being evasive. I pointed out that he hadn't answered the question, and he said he was "just curious".

While we were talking, I'd been getting my phone out and now took a photo of him. I asked if he minded that, and he assured me it was fine, though his expression in the photo says otherwise

Then he asked, apparently in an attempt at brazening things out through the medium of sarcasm, if I wanted his name and date of birth too, so I said I did, pulled out a pen, and jotted them down on my hand. Well, I jotted down what he told me; it's entirely possible they aren't actually his correct details

And off he went.

So at least I'll have something to liven up proceedings at the Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight; stuff like this is meat and drink to them

Comment

NF in getting ready For "Deathwish in Leicester".

<hiatus>

Well the weather got better and better, until by the time I left the slough of despond it was difficult to walk in a straight line due to the gale force winds.

This was followed, as is only right, by horizontal rain, which happily enough held off from torrential until I reached the bus stop.

Thankfully the busstop just down the road is on the X55 route so only had to stagger a few yards to get home.

Tea was lentil <pfffft> soup which was some of the last batch and was pretty nice now I've got used to it not tasting of rotting parsnip.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Grey, with what the weather app describes as "showers"; looks more like continuous steady drizzle to me
            Drizzle my hairy, damp, blue denim stained arse.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2018, 17:33.

Comment

Evening all

Three interviews now completed this week: net result of one decline, one decision being made by close of play tomorrow and one contract offer.

The definite offer is pretty good being local and decent rate but I'm just holding out to see about the last one. The rate is the same but the programme of work is going on longer and the work has the potential to be more interesting.

Fingers crossed here, but it looks like a result either way. I can dump tomorrow's interview for a longer distance, lower rate gig.

Comment

Early (for me) tea had: pork chops, with the last of the homemade potato wedges and beans

Off to Neighbourhood Watch in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Evening all

Three interviews now completed this week: net result of one decline, one decision being made by close of play tomorrow and one contract offer.

The definite offer is pretty good being local and decent rate but I'm just holding out to see about the last one. The rate is the same but the programme of work is going on longer and the work has the potential to be more interesting.

Fingers crossed here, but it looks like a result either way. I can dump tomorrow's interview for a longer distance, lower rate gig.

Comment

Currently watching "World War Weird" on "Yesterday", being the story of Pikecrete, a B17 that landed itself with no crew, the amber room that the Nazis nicked off the Sovs, and UFOs in WWI.

In the middle of watching "Topgun" with a very young version of Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/?ref_=nv_sr_2

It was ok.

I FFed through the gooey bits, being of an age when these just slow the story down.

The flying was nice, the USA USA USA USA was a bit over the top as per usual.

And one can never ever have too many free hanging baskets.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2018, 21:08.

Comment

Back from Neighbourhood Watch. I'd emailed this afternoon's encounter and photo to the organiser of the group, but she's one of those normal people who only checks email occasionally and therefore hadn't seen it

However, I'd copied in our local beat bobby and he told me he'd recognised the photo as someone he'd seen somewhere around the neighbourhood when out on the beat this afternoon. He'd checked out the details the guy gave me but nothing came up. But he's now on their radar if he's seen acting suspiciously in future, which is something

After that, the meeting degenerated, as it so often does, into discussing how to get council funding for hanging baskets. They're obsessed with getting free hanging baskets

Comment

Working...
                      X