• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all mist in the valley here, no sign of rain and the sea is dead calm
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Thunderstorms started last night with a couple of torrential downpours.

Woke up this morning to wet roads and the odd roll of thunder.

Still warm but definitely cooler than it was and more storms predicted for later today.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

In a real turnup for the book, this morning's train was a Class 175, super comfort.

Poor old rattly must have died the death of a thousand cuts.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Simpsonesque with a touch of Ice Cold in Alex out there at the moment

Our promised thunderstorms have been cancelled again, and 30°C is forecast; it's supposedly 22°C outside at the moment, and already 29°C in the living room

Comment

Just had a brief but heavy shower, accompanied by a few desultory rumbles from the heavens. Still warm but not as bad as it has been.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Warm n Sunny in Manc.

Supposed to get thunder but who knows

Comment

At Specsavers for my hearing test, rather early as the traffic was light

Comment

Hearing test Mk. II done, and shopping accomplished

The test was basically a replay of yesterday, except that at the end I was shown a bunch of types of hearing aid and given a price list, rather than shown one type and told that's what I'd be getting. I now have an appointment with their audiologist on Tuesday morning, who'll advise me on which type would be best for me and whether or not I need to spend extra for the really good ones, or can get away with the cheaper versions.

All seems to be a bit long-winded; you would have thought they'd have some facility whereby I could walk in, say I want to give them a couple of grand, and walk out all done and dusted. But apparently not

She did say that I should also get the NHS ones when they get around to giving me them, as it's useful to have them as backup in case of problems with the private ones

And after that to Sainsbury's, where the sun seems to have brought the peasantry out of their hovels in some force

And with all that done, I can now have lunch: a couple of bits of chicken from the hot food counter

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    At Specsavers for my hearing test, rather early as the traffic was light
                    One amusing thing was that their lawyers have clearly decided to go heavy on GDPR, so she recited the equivalent of an entire opt-in screen at me before ticking various boxes on the computer so she could record my test results

She had it off by heart too, which was quite impressive in its way

Comment

Fish n Chip day in company canteen (or restaurant is they insist on calling it - it's not, there is no waiter service so at best it is a cafeteria.)

Which could be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X