• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the Hearing Services clinic. Pretty warm from the walk up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      At the Hearing Services clinic. Pretty warm from the walk up
      Pardon?

Comment

And home again, with a quick detour to Greggs for a sausage and bacon baguette (extra sausage and bacon for 50p)

Apparently I have fairly standard age-related high frequency hearing loss, with the tinnitus probably being the brain's attempt to fill in for the frequencies it's noticed don't seem to be there any more; so hearing aids, as I'm not completely deaf to those frequencies yet, should gradually reduce that, too

Waiting time for getting hearing aids fitted: "a few months"

Looks like I'm going to Specsavers for them after all, then

Comment

Morning all.

CBS again here and warning up quickly. We are slap in the middle of the area for the weather warnings for thunderstorms tomorrow, so hoping for some rain.

Early start to drop off the present MrsB's car for it's MOT.

Avocado Toast for breakfast afterwards.

Off to see a potential direct client this afternoon. If that doesn't come off then I think its probably time to start making an effort to get back off the bench.

Not just yet though, our local pub has a rather good beer festival on this weekend. No need to rush these things.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

At ten tomorrow morning, to be precise

Comment

Mmmmm, - Morning

Comment

http://wonderfulrife.blogspot.com/20...-enhancer.html

Well that took me on a wild ride into the physics of acoustic and microwave corrugated horns.

Something of which, until now, I was quite happily unaware.

There's some "interesting" stuff on that wonderfulrife blog.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 July 2018, 11:20.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Continuing with the sorting-things-out mode into which I seem to have slipped, I just popped up to the optical lab to book an eye test

In on Monday afternoon, which is sooner than I expected given that they only have an optometrist there a couple of days a week

Comment

The forecast offers the possibility of thunderstorms this afternoon, but is gradually winding the probability down. My forecast is that all chance of them will have been rescinded by lunchtime
                    From 70% yesterday afternoon, to 60% last night, 50% first thing today, 40% when I got back from the hospital; and now, as I predicted, no chance at all

Comment

An unpleasantly warm stagger home.

The Class 175 from Swansea sort of illustrated quite why ladies seem to enjoy sitting on the spin drier.

Dunno what was wrong with the engine but it was vibrating like a good 'un.

Just been delving into the freezer in search of some bread.

Found some that must have been in there several years, but it's for soup so not really a problem.

Tea shall be lentil <pffffft> soup.

Followed by custard, icecream, and lo! yet more stewed blackberries.

Stone me.

It's <click> time again.

I'm beginning to think that the Beeb doesn't employ anyone who's straight any more.

Plus it's hot.

I'm hot, thermally speaking.

But on the positive side it's clouding over.

And this evening's blackberries are astewing.

Yum.

This evening's tv will, with any luck, be last night's ep of "Carter", the Canadian rip off of "Castle" which is mildly amusing and infinitely more enjoyable than "Low Winter Sun".
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 July 2018, 18:48.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X