• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovered that before going to London, I had the good sense to leave a box of eclairs in the fridge

Left hearing aid battery just went. That's a few hours short of seven days, but then again, I was listening to a lot of stuff yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      You sure it wasn't Dobbin?
      Yup.

No sign of the saddle.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just discovered that before going to London, I had the good sense to leave a box of eclairs in the fridge

Left hearing aid battery just went. That's a few hours short of seven days, but then again, I was listening to a lot of stuff yesterday
      Does listening to stuff run the batteries down quicker then?

Have just finished vaccing the small area of floor that's a) visible and b) reachable.

It barely takes half an hour these days. .

Then I set about "rationalising" the front room or "office".

This contains 4 or 5 computers,

a 26" crt tv,

3 vhs recorders,

a vhs recorder/dvd player,

a 14" matsui portable tv that doesn't work properly any more,

a Pioneer TX9100 fm/am tuner that cost an arm and a leg in 1974,

a pair of defunct Spendor BC2s that haven't been used in 20 years or more,

a corner desk,

two other desks,

a "G Plan" convex mirror the like of which I've never seen & which seems almost totally useless for anything you might consider using a mirror for,

some photographs of my grandfather, including 2 in his cricketing whites in some long long pre WWI cricket team (presumably Neath),

a fax/answering machine,

assorted small tools,

a Meccano #10 set,

some MDA & Hercules cards,

some 8250A serial cards,

loads of ancient PC programming books,

and a shedload of tulipe I can no longer either reach or remember.

Oh, and a "bookcase" full of dvds that reaches within 6" of the ceiling.

My name is Doctor Strangelove & I'm starring in "Secret Hoarders" next week.

More importantly I have to find somewhere to put the remaining 4 towers of dvds that remain in what is laughingly termed the living room, since they surround the gasfire and the plumber will probably be along shortly so I can pay him £95 to service said fire & the boiler.

However, looking on the bright side, today's batch of lentil <pffffft> soup seems to taste ok, mostly because the parsnips aren't rotten.

<hiatus>

The soup proved to be quite nice.

The programme on R4 about The Spanish Flu was on again at 17:00.

Worth a listen.

Killed more people than WWI.

"Marathon Man" was the afternoon play.

I had to turn it off for the torture scenes.

<hiatus>

Just remembered the accumulated cattulipe outside the livingroom window that I only noticed today.

Feck me it was vile.

Lots of domestos required.

Hopefully the smell will put off the miscreant whilst I think up some evil way of really getting the little furry fecker.

I suspect a PIR controlled water squirter should do the business.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2018, 18:39.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Hopefully the smell will put off the miscreant whilst I think up some evil way of really getting the little furry fecker.

I suspect a PIR controlled water squirter should do the business.
        a sprinkling of caltraps'll do it or just bury some 6" nails, head down in the soil patch

Comment

It's not tulipting on soil, it's tulipting on a concrete "patio".

Comment

Does listening to stuff run the batteries down quicker then?
            Probably not, but I don't know for sure

I would imagine it's more a question of how long I sleep, if I forget to put them back in for a couple of hours after showering, and stuff like that.

Comment

It's not tulipting on soil, it's tulipting on a concrete "patio".
              unusual for a cat. - sure it's not a fox? or an irate neighbour?

spray it with ammonia then.

Comment

Right, as I couldn't go to the Chinese last night due to being in London, i'm going tonight instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Right, as I couldn't go to the Chinese last night due to being in London, i'm going tonight instead
                  Confusius he say 'if you miss your weekly chinese dose, you Must take as soon as you remember'

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Definitely cattulipe unless the neighbour has a very tight arse and eats catfood.

The stench is unmistakable.

This evening's entertainment, apart from the cattulipe, is "Dying of the Light" with Nick Cage.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1274586/

being the story of an elderly CIA spook who has frontal lobe dementia onsetting while he's after a gentleman of middle eastern origin in Kenya who's dying of B thalasaemia.

Said middle eastern gentleman had tortured said spook some 22 years earlier & is probably responsible for the onset of the dementia by hitting him around the head with a bat.

42 minutes in.

It seems vaguely amusing, and would be more so if I wasn't worried about my own future in this regard.

Ho hum.

For similar reasons, I'd guess that watching "Still Alice" might be an equally (or even more of) a bad idea.

It was an ok film in my opinion.

Nice ending.

They didn't see eye to eye though.

In other questions, anyone had any experience of plastic sheds?

I need one to put the pcb etch machine in, metal's no good ( as in the "etch machine" part ), and wood rots.

There's a couple between £250 & £400 that look reasonable either from B&Q or Wickes.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2018, 21:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X