• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something almost obscene about getting up at that time on a Saturday when you don't really have to.

17.4 in here this morning, while it's 14.6 in the laundry room with an alleged min of 10.6, but I think that's from yesterday since I forgot to reset the thermometer.

The CBS is now a lowering grey sky with associated precipitation.

Thankfully I don't have to walk around the docks today.

On Monday there's yet another fecking training day to look forward to.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      There's something almost obscene about getting up at that time on a Saturday when you don't really have to.
      It's the only way to avoid the other customers. I can't be doing with them first thing in the morning. They get between me and the sausages, and talk at each other in the vicinity of my table

I think there were fewer than ten other people in the place by the time I was finished, and most of them had only just arrived

Comment

Meanwhile, someone is living in a cartoon: Woman mistakes dynamite for candle during power outage

Comment

Off to the conference!

Comment

At the conference

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The rain wasn't joking.

Moderately damp now & not in a good way.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Morrisons pork pie with Heinz baked beans.

Today's first feature was "Beowulf and Grendel (2005)".

Set in Iceland.

Very photogenic, much more so than yesterday's epic.

Some stunning photography.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402057/

Enjoyed that one rather more than the animated one yesterday.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 September 2018, 12:49.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Got the car in the space outside the hotel door at lunchtime

Due to a slight miscalculation I was about eighty seconds early, rather than the usual twenty seconds or so after it becomes unrestricted. No wardens or visible cameras, though, so I’ll probably get away with it

Comment

Conference done, and very good it was

Debating whether to go to the pub for the after-party. I usually end up with some boring sod wittering on at me about some tedious project they're working on until I make my excuses and leave. On the other hand, there were a couple of people I know speaking (one of them I worked with at Yahoo), and I should probably say hello

I suppose I ought to pop in for an hour or two

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Conference done, and very good it was

Debating whether to go to the pub for the after-party. I usually end up with some boring sod wittering on at me about some tedious project they're working on until I make my excuses and leave. On the other hand, there were a couple of people I know speaking (one of them I worked with at Yahoo), and I should probably say hello

I suppose I ought to pop in for an hour or two
                      I think that's the right decision. If you do get cornered by the boring sod, just turn off the hearing aid an order another pint.

Comment

Working...
                      X