• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Home!

Finally; traffic's been crap both ways today

And my doom has come upon me. I mentioned that there were only two more weeks to go after this one, which came as a surprise to the tip at ClientCo - he admitted he'd had an email about it, but hadn't really registered how close it was

Anyway, he wants me to stay on until it's all done, but can't guarantee how long it'll be for, as the concept of "done" is a bit nebulous; but it should be before Christmas at any rate. I agreed on the basis that I want to take a couple of weeks off, and he's got to run it all by his boss, but that's probably the way it'll all work out.

I'd be perfectly happy if his boss just decides not to bother keeping me on for the remaining work, or indeed cancels the whole thing; but while the money (which is pretty good) is on offer, I suppose I'd better take it
    It's a mistake that I made at AB Automotive. Got me another 5 fecking weeks of purgatory.

And this morning the train was cancelled & I waited half an hour or so for the next one (see above for tedious details), while this evening the Manchester train terminated at Swansea due to "trespass on the track".

Apparently it was a close call & the driver decided to call it a day.

So it was a case of catching the Chester train instead.

Interestingly, they joined the empty Manchester train on to the end of the Chester train & off we went with 5 carriages instead of the usual 2.

It's not been a good day on the railways.

The ZeitTea was lentil <pfffft> soup followed by some sort of twisty chocolatey bread thing from Morrisons (reduced of course).

The Neath fair is being its usual pain in the arse.

Never mind, it'll soon be gone.

By Sunday all that'll be left is litter.

Comment

I'm currently stuck on a train. Earlier there was signal failure.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sounds like it's raining out.

*Looks out of window*

Um, the pedestrian crossing is flooding where the kerb dips - yes, definitely raining

Comment

Tonight's tea was some of the chicken and white wine casserole I made the other week. Turned out nice again

Comment

This brings back lovely memories.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Indeed

a rather random comment mind you.

Manchester is raining

no sunny

no raining

ohh you get the picture
              Nothing random about the Russians here. All planned, suspect capital. Taken over from Phillip Green. ☠️🖕
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

There's B&Q Diamond Day done & dusted for the week.

It was dark by the time I'd found what I wanted.

The nights are drawing in. Ho hum.

This evening's entertainment was S1E4 of "Person of Interest", the one where they stop a doctor offing a chap who'd raped her sister who then committed suicide.

We don't know at the end of the ep whether or not Mr Reece offed said scumbag.

Comment

It's getting colder as well as darker. Down to 7°C hereabouts tonight, according to the oracle

Goodnight all
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 13 September 2017, 22:11.

Comment

The main issue I have with the early train is the unreasonable time it leaves.

Comment

Second thing is that it goes from platform 1. To my knowledge, every other Leeds bound train goes from 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X