• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol station lunch day

It's still a bit breezy out, but sunny and mild

Comment

<---
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

but in other news someone has asked to connect to me on linked in and claims to work for clientco covering my area.

Yet I've never heard of him and he isn't appearing on the internal who's who lists...

Comment

St. Jean Cap Ferrat. Poor bastards have a tough life.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            St. Jean Cap Ferrat. Poor bastards have a tough life.
            Indeed

a rather random comment mind you.

Manchester is raining

no sunny

no raining

ohh you get the picture

Comment

Windy here.

I had to go into my garden and rescue things. One of my pots has broken so I need to find another. I inherited from previous owners.

Too many meetings.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Simpsons-esque in Harrogate. Out for the monthly comedy night tonight, with the rather nice Majestic hotel being booked to provide a nice lie in tomorrow. Except, Big Consultancy want me at End Clientco in Liverpool at 9am tomorrow, so it's an even earlier start than normal with the added insult of passing home an hour into the journey.

Comment

Apparently it has rained....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Simpsons-esque in Harrogate. Out for the monthly comedy night tonight, with the rather nice Majestic hotel being booked to provide a nice lie in tomorrow. Except, Big Consultancy want me at End Clientco in Liverpool at 9am tomorrow, so it's an even earlier start than normal with the added insult of passing home an hour into the journey.
                    I'm avoiding a trip to Vienna this week due to "zero hours" left in the project....

In other news because of that its Comedy night in Durham tonight - Gary Delaney....

Comment

Home!

Finally; traffic's been crap both ways today

And my doom has come upon me. I mentioned that there were only two more weeks to go after this one, which came as a surprise to the chap at ClientCo - he admitted he'd had an email about it, but hadn't really registered how close it was

Anyway, he wants me to stay on until it's all done, but can't guarantee how long it'll be for, as the concept of "done" is a bit nebulous; but it should be before Christmas at any rate. I agreed on the basis that I want to take a couple of weeks off, and he's got to run it all by his boss, but that's probably the way it'll all work out.

I'd be perfectly happy if his boss just decides not to bother keeping me on for the remaining work, or indeed cancels the whole thing; but while the money (which is pretty good) is on offer, I suppose I'd better take it
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 13 September 2017, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X