• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's first feature was "Double Indemnity" with Barbra Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray and Edward G. Robinson.

Very noir. Very B&W. Very good.

Double Indemnity (1944) - IMDb

Followed by Ep 2 & 3 of "Person of Interest", the latter having introduced the mysterious Mr Elias.

Loved the drive-in bar in "Double Indemnity".
      Last edited by zeitghost; 10 September 2017, 22:23.

Comment

Caught a bit of the Irish Customs thing while eating dinner.

Then, for the evening's main feature: Bullitt, which I haven't seen in many years - possibly not since the 1970s. It turns out it has a pretty good film wrapped around the famous car chase

Though I'm not sure why a hotel was advertising their forthcoming Mothering Sunday brunch as being on May 11, given that wasn't on a Sunday until 1969, a year after the film was released. Maybe it's set in the future?

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bonjour from Villefranche sur Mer. Sea is Azur, Mountain is green, Wine is Rosé 😎
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Crappy 2 hour journey to clientco via a 4 lane closure of the M62 and a diversion through the fortuitously positioned service station. Then after that, torrential road flooding style rain, and catching the rush hour traffic on the way into Harrogate.

Sun's out now though.

Comment

dull wet n miserable in Manchetser.

So that'll probably be that until May.

Comment

Morning all was blue skies when I set out to walk The Dog (tw), liquid sunshine towards the end of it.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    dull wet n miserable in Manchetser.

So that'll probably be that until the end of time.
                    FTFY.

In other news, Zeity is more or less in agony today.

The withdrawal symptoms from the ibuprofen are not pleasant.

I can see how people get addicted to this tulip.

Oh, and that bolt I couldn't undo on Friday?

Well after a weekend soaking in WD40, I still can't undo it.

Heating it with a lighter did nothing, as did cooling it with freezer spray.

Comment

Looking to book some train tickets for a trip to Liverpool. According to the webs, the trains are borked between Manc and Hudds with replacement buses being organised. Presumably, they'll join the queues on the M62 then. Northern Powerhouse anyone?

Comment

Working...
                      X