• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a beach in Holland.

The north sea is quite chilly.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      must be a bar somewhere
      I’m by myself and I don’t drink when by myself

Now in kunst historisches museum - blooming heck their liked their ivory
      Last edited by eek; 26 August 2017, 12:16.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

On the beach in Perranporth. Beautiful, overpriced and overrun.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

At home. Just had a sausage roll

Comment

The ZeitLunch was baked beans with little sausages on Hovis wholemeal with spelt toast.

It was very nice, or as nice as that is likely to get, all in all.

Just been to town.

Fortunately I had the sense not to wear a jacket since I was practically passing out with the unbearable heat in shirtsleeves.

Another few degrees or just a little less haze & Zeity would have been good for nothing.

It would appear that the ZeitTea is a bit of a tossup between fillet of trout (reduced) or liver, bacon and onion gravy (also reduced).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I’m by myself and I don’t drink when by myself

Now in kunst historisches museum - blooming heck their liked their ivory
              Schonbrun Palace? Lovely gardens to walk around. Or take a stroll through the Prater park
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Schonbrun Palace? Lovely gardens to walk around. Or take a stroll through the Prater park
                That’s tomorrow although it’s currently 35c in the shade so it’s a bit too hot to wander round a park for a while
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A weekend of unbridled hedonism continues with the laundering of the tea towels.

And with them hung up to dry, several pairs of jeans are taking their turn in the machine.

It's fun, fun, fun all the way today

Comment

Need to do some vacuuming then I'm done for today.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Odd that no one has mentioned the sword wielding follower of the prophet arrested outside Buck House.

From Lutonistan apparently.

In more interesting news, I seem to have mounted the cooker hood a bit too high, which will mean a bit of hacksawing of the shroud to make it fit.

Measure twice, cut once. .

Alternatively I could simply reposition the thing a bit lower but then it wouldn't get the same effect when in operation.

Alternatively II, leave it as it is, don't bother fitting the shroud & just have the duct hanging the way it is now.

II sounds the easier.

Tube of structural adhesive, last used in 2011, is now solid from one end to the other.

Luckily another tube of stuff was still ok, so I used that instead.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      A weekend of unbridled hedonism continues with the laundering of the tea towels.

And with them hung up to dry, several pairs of jeans are taking their turn in the machine.

It's fun, fun, fun all the way today
                      Ain't it just.

I suppose I ought to wash the very comfy & extremely ancient pair of cords I've currently got on.

When I come home, I take the stupid, tight, uncomfortable jeans off (with a bit of a struggle) and put the cords on.

The increase in ball room is worth the world, worth the world.

Just goes to prove how the snowflakes have afflicted the ldgits: with their stupid fashions.

"Regular Cut" jeans my aching testicles.

I remembered to record the NZ motorway stuff. Just.

The ZeitTea, it transpires, turned out to be poached trout with assorted veg, rather than liver, bacon, and onion gravy.

I can't find any mention of an electrical firm with the name or designation of "Sonex", who apparently manufactured the ancient (though BS1363) cooker control unit in ZeityTowers.

No mention on the interweb at all, apart from some dodgy Indian and Nigerian sites which I'm not daft enough to investigate.

The 13A socket its got is fecked, though the cooker supply still works.

I'm trying to get the front off the fecker, but it hasn't been shifted in 50 years so it's a bit difficult.

Ho very hum.

I think I'll leave well alone for today & go & watch the NZ cops doing their thing.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 26 August 2017, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X