• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to do some mowing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Boring work-related laundry is on

Comment

And it seems they're doing the football thing again, despite having done it just the other evening, so the traffic outside is really heavy

Comment

Mowing done.

I also scarified it using a rake and then dumped some moss killer on it.

Tired...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Was sunny, now getting very grey with a wan sun shining wanly in the overcast.

The ZeitLunch was poached tomato and 3 poached eggs on toast (hovis granary with bits in to break your teeth, I couldn't get the stuff I wanted yesterday so bought that in desperation and they still didn't have the right stuff today).

The ZeitTea was kedgeree in an attempt to make a bit of space in the freezer by using up some dyed haddock (BBE March 2014), quite forgetting that kedgeree also has a couple or three boiled eggs in the recipe.

Anyway it was very nice and I shall be egg bound by tomorrow having had more eggs in one day than I've eaten during July.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Off down town shortly on the weekly Saturday afternoon browse & shop.

Who knows what gems of dvd goodness will turn up today.
            One of which was "Last Tango in Paris" (uncut), for which I paid the princely sum of 33p.

Not one of Brando's better films it must be said.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 23 September 2017, 17:25.

Comment

I expect Brando used the butter on his toast afterwards.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And it seems they're doing the football thing again, despite having done it just the other evening, so the traffic outside is really heavy
                For some reason they started at teatime. Lots of traffic the other way starting to die down, though I'm still hearing the police helicopter bimbling about occasionally

Comment

Chinese for dinner

They haven't been very busy this evening because of the football. Yet another way in which that pernicious blight harms society, depriving local businesses of their usual weekend trade!

Comment

This evening's entertainment was provided by "Hostage", Bruce Willis 2005.

Hostage (2005) - IMDb

The aspect ration on the dvd was curiously wrong, though it was alleged to 1.6:1, everything was slightly too tall.

Whereas the S1E7 of Person of Interest I watched later was properly framed.

Curious.

According to imdb it's 2.35:1 as filmed.

Pity they didn't letterbox it then.

Looks like the bluray is letterboxed. But it costs more than a quid.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 23 September 2017, 22:30.

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X