• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all Smurky out.
    what TF said. Can only see a couple of miles away, rather than the usual 30.

Still, murk or not, 'tis Friday

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      what TF said. Can only see a couple of miles away, rather than the usual 30.

Still, murk or not, 'tis Friday
      Indeed it is .

The Mrs. picked up some nice Sirloins yesterday, (ex Jersey diary cow)
      The marbling on them is like a road map, I'm looking forward to trying them later.

Recommended by the head butcher himself, so will be sure to let him know if they aren't up to scratch
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

And it's rained, so no lawn mowing this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          And it's rained, so no lawn mowing this weekend.
          It rained.

Grass is still brown.

Fecking drought.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It rained.

Grass is still brown.

Fecking drought.
            Shhhhh...there will be a hose pipe ban before you know it with that kind of talk!
            Join IPSE

Comment

Still drizzling outside, doesn't look like much has fallen, but the ground is so hard and dry that the water isn't seeping in.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                Shhhhh...there will be a hose pipe ban before you know it with that kind of talk!
                Thames water et al are currently telling everyone to conserve water by fully loading washing machines and dishwashers.

I wouldn't be annoyed if they bothered to fix their fecking leaks. 20% of water lost is due to them.

In fact Essex and Suffolk water have managed to increase leaks by 15%.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

I was up at seven for the bin gate; it was raining very lightly then, and clearly had been for some time

Now I've been back to bed and filled up my quota of sleep, the rain has stopped, but it's still very grey

And the bin herders (primary) have just been. The recycling ones tend to get here around eight , or sometimes even earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    What got me about "The Pacific" was how much some of it resembled WWI, particularly the bit at the airfield where the troops are walking into MG fire and getting cut down like poppies.
                    That's the one I watched last night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      And the bin herders (primary) have just been. The recycling ones tend to get here around eight , or sometimes even earlier.
                      Our primaries turn up at about 07:00, last week the recycling crew with their remarkable new lorry resplendent with all sorts of lights, turned up at 9:00.

A.K.A 21:00.

I wondered wtf all the lights out on the road were.

Just been testing out the ESR meter I've built, using a design from "Television" magazine, December 2004.

After changing one resistor, it works ok.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 12 May 2017, 10:56.

Comment

Working...
                      X