• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote early, vote often

Comment

As I sit here listening to the endless rain lashing against the windows, listening to the drips from the corridor ceiling falling into the plastic bin, I like to look at what terrible weather they're having in the Caymans, just to console myself.

https://royalpalmscayman.com/southcam/

Comment

As I sit here watching the clouds roll in but the rain stay away, I'm taking a few minutes to scroll through the best thing about UK elections...
        #DogsAtPollingStations
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Corned beef cob and a bag of crisps for lunch. Luxury

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Nice.

Lefts over cold sausages and a bag of crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Nice.

Home made pie and peas from the butchers. Plus a sausage roll, just in case.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                As I sit here watching the clouds roll in but the rain stay away, I'm taking a few minutes to scroll through the best thing about UK elections...
                #DogsAtPollingStations
                As long as the dogs don't get wet....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  As long as the dogs don't get wet....
                  The rain has stopped and the sun is coming out in Harrogate. No soggy doggies here.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Nice.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Home made pie and peas from the butchers. Plus a sausage roll, just in case.
                    Ok people, it looks like we're going to have to set some minimum standards for lunch descriptions.

If the description used provides insufficient information to a vendor when ordering, it is wholly unacceptable as a description of your lunch.

Corned beef cob - Perfectly acceptable as it conveys both the content and bread type.
                    Sausage Roll - It's acceptable in Greggs so it's acceptable here.
                    Left over cold sausages - Not as good as the above but most are happy to order "sausage" without further detail
                    Home made pie and peas - Ok, we're starting to go off the rails towards anarchy here. If you've gone to all the trouble of baking a frikkin pie you can at least try and recall what you put in it.
                    Bag of crisps - What can I say chaps. I'm disappointed. I know it's your lunch and in the grand scheme of things doesn't have a massive impact on my day but still, I expected better.

Edit: On re-reading I notice the detail that it was the butcher who made the "home made" pie. It looks like you're trying to steal some credit here. Poor form in my view.
                    Last edited by Pondlife; 8 June 2017, 13:49.

Comment

I had a pork pie and bakewell tart from Co-op.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X