• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I see NAT is on its high horse yet again, Specifically in General.

Very boring.

I assume that some directive has come down from on high.

I suspect that staying out of General is good for one's mental health.
    No, nothing from on high, Admin's not like that. We do chat amongst ourselves though. 2016 got a bit feverish towards the end and it affected everyone.

2017 will try to be more chilled...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

In the meantime, the latest update to my Mac (which happened while I wasn't looking) appears to have borked Safari and the App Store.

So now I'm going to have to do a complete restore from TimeMachine, for which I'll have to find the instructions because I haven't done it for an age.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        In the meantime, the latest update to my Mac (which happened while I wasn't looking) appears to have borked Safari and the App Store.

So now I'm going to have to do a complete restore from TimeMachine, for which I'll have to find the instructions because I haven't done it for an age.
        I've been holding off on updating mine as I read a few stories of it messing up the photo libraries and I'm still editing safari images (as in wild animals, not web browsers). Once I've finished editing, then I'll upgrade.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I've been holding off on updating mine as I read a few stories of it messing up the photo libraries and I'm still editing safari images (as in wild animals, not web browsers). Once I've finished editing, then I'll upgrade.
          Take care - I only do updates when I'm in front of the screen, and this happened sometime over the holidays.

I'm somewhat ticked as I had other plans for this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but a thick frost on those areas of the usual roofs that haven't seen direct light yet

Comment

Links are up. Except the site hosting the last one is down for maintenance

I'll change it for summat else if they don't fix their tulip soon…

Comment

Ahhh
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch today was baked salmon, with roasted cherry tomatoes, assorted wegetables, and followed by the individual Xmas pud (Tesco's finest) with custard.

Food of the gods.

After doing the dishes, & since it's a fine day, I'm going out into the gardens to tidy some tulipe up, probably with some sort of power saw.

I think ZeitPater's two compost heaps cum marrow/courgette beds should get some attention.

What I'll do with the asbestos sheets I'm not altogether sure.

Comment

Last of the Christmas ham for lunch

My mum had given me some of those rolls that you're supposed to finish baking yourself. They've never worked out for me in the past, but as the alternative was going over the road to the shop, I gave it a try. Turns out the new(ish) microwave, in convection oven mode, does a really good job on them

Comment

Post-winter-solstice problems: I need to adjust the time switch on the living room light, as it's coming on too early

Comment

Working...
                      X