• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So naturally the deluge waited until I was on the doorstep before it started.

Got soaked going down the garden path.

Got the stuff from Lidl.

Then the thunder & lightning started.

Just in time to get soaked walking up the garden path.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It should be past you in about twenty minutes
    This is Wales, remember.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 11 May 2017, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      So it is you who buys that stuff.

I buy the random plant and gardening stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        So naturally the deluge waited until I was on the doorstep before it started.

Got soaked going down the garden path.

Got the stuff from Lidl.

Then the thunder & lightning started.

Just in time to get soaked walking up the garden path.

This is Wales, remember.
        Feck.

Feck.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Feck.

Feck.

More or less my comments too. My welding rods nearly got wet.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            This is Wales, remember.
            I never said there wouldn't be more along in a minute

Comment

Today's culinary endeavours have included preparing a good-sized batch of chips as far as stage 2 (of 3), then setting them to freeze once they'd cooled down; and the steak and ale casserole I cooked last night for future consumption has been divided into three good-sized portions, rather like Gaul under Julius Caesar, and also set to freeze.

And once that lot was done I made my tea: fish fingers, chips, and beans

The recycling has been taken out, and the bin thereof put out in the area where the bins congregate before their big day tomorrow.

And now I can relax with a beer and some telly

Comment

The beer turned out to be Poacher's Choice and Old Hooky

And the TV was another episode of The Pacific; the penultimate episode of Forbrydelsen III; and episode 2 of the most recent season of Homeland.

Is it just me, or have the Homeland people quietly dropped the whole Carrie-has-bipolar-disorder thing? It was the primary thing about her character at the start, then it occasionally got dragged in when it was handy as a plot device, and now they seem to have pretty much forgotten all about it

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And the TV was another episode of The Pacific; the penultimate episode of Forbrydelsen III; and episode 2 of the most recent season of Homeland.

Is it just me, or have the Homeland people quietly dropped the whole Carrie-has-bipolar-disorder thing? It was the primary thing about her character at the start, then it occasionally got dragged in when it was handy as a plot device, and now they seem to have pretty much forgotten all about it

Goodnight all
                  The bipolar thing features very little these days, though there are slight hints.

What got me about "The Pacific" was how much some of it resembled WWI, particularly the bit at the airfield where the troops are walking into MG fire and getting cut down like poppies.

I still can't understand how anyone can do that.

Much happier being 1000 yards away & picking the opposition off one by one.

Comment

Morning all Smurky out.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all Smurky out.
                      Morning!

Yes indeed!

Bet its well smoggy in town
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...