• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brockley's a bit far for me. A few good cheeses round this part of the world, but if you're talking Waitrose, then Cornish Quartz cheddar, Rosary goat's cheese and Swaledale are currently in out fridge (along with parmigiano, fontina, halloumi and feta)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Brockley's a bit far for me. A few good cheeses round this part of the world, but if you're talking Waitrose, then Cornish Quartz cheddar, Rosary goat's cheese and Swaledale are currently in out fridge (along with parmigiano, fontina, halloumi and feta)
      Shame, it really is the best market I've been to. The 2PM finish time helps as it reduces the amount of the visitors. This keeps the number to a sensible level, unlike many other food markets in London.

When the council were asked whether it could be extended to 3PM, they said no, as it would ruin it for the locals, right decision IMO.

Usually some of the best food vans / stalls in London there too.

Cornish quartz eh?

I like the sound of that one, will have to try it.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's taken until today for Xogg to notice that I don't have an avatar any more.

In other uninteresting news "they've" just been trying to persuade me to vote Labour.

More chance of me voting for the communists.

Though I now know that some woman named Rees is standing for election as MP for Neath.

"They" managed to irritate me so much that I stated my support for the Guy Fawkes option.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 11 May 2017, 15:22.

Comment

It stayed dry on the way home.

And the air seems much warmer that it has for several days.

More humid too.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Not a bad run home; made it back just on five to six

The shed-like lean-to extension thing on the old stable out the back has had a coat of paint - grey. As I don't remember seeing it look like that before, I'm going to assume it was done today, but to be honest it could have happened earlier in the week and I just didn't register the fact

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              It stayed dry on the way home.

And the air seems much warmer that it has for several days.

More humid too.
              It was quite humid-looking on the way back and getting cloudier; I was able to ditch my sunglasses as I was getting to the M1. Judging by the radar, you may have a patch of fairly intense rain arriving with you very shortly

Comment

Oh, good show, I was about to go to Lidl to buy an arc welder.

Comment

So it is you who buys that stuff.

I buy the random plant and gardening stuff.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It should be past you in about twenty minutes

Comment

Dark clouds here right now, no sign of rain yet.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X