• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have a brew. And watching a bit of Jason Bourne.
    The replacement for the faulty Jason Bourne disk that confounded my viewing plans on Friday has been delivered. Why they don't automatically deliver replacements to the Amazon Locker if that's where the original item was sent, I don't know, but at least this time they just put it through the letterbox rather than expecting me to go down and sign for it

Anyway, the new disk works, or at least loads and shows its menu rather than being summarily rejected by the player

I'll probably leave it until next weekend to watch it though

Now I've got to take the faulty one to the Amazon Locker to return it…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The replacement for the faulty Jason Bourne disk that confounded my viewing plans on Friday has been delivered. Why they don't automatically deliver replacements to the Amazon Locker if that's where the original item was sent, I don't know, but at least this time they just put it through the letterbox rather than expecting me to go down and sign for it

Anyway, the new disk works, or at least loads and shows its menu rather than being summarily rejected by the player

I'll probably leave it until next weekend to watch it though

Now I've got to take the faulty one to the Amazon Locker to return it…
      When my airer was wrongly delivered so I ended up with two they sent a more expensive courier company, DPD, to come and take one back.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I should have done some gardening this afternoon, but I couldn't be arsed, so I did a microscopic amount of dusting instead.

Comment

Most chores done

I hate being on antibiotics as I have to make sure my stomach is empty before eating etc.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dinner is in the oven - roast chicken, with the usual trimmings

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Dinner is in the oven - roast chicken, with the usual trimmings
              And exceedingly nice it was

Comment

Tonight's movie extravaganza was Aliens - the first time I've watched it on Blu-ray, and also the first time I've watched the extended "Special Edition" which, AIUI, mainly puts back a bunch of stuff early on that the studio made them cut on the grounds that audiences are too stupid to understand the development of a story and just want guns'n'explosions. Very good, I thought, and it was worth having the additional back story about Newt's family finding the alien ship.

And then I returned to Mr. Robot, which I'd left hanging a couple of months ago, and watched a couple of episodes which bring me close to the denouement of series 1. It's good; not The Wire good, but good nonetheless.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Mostly raining here

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X