• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In better news, a beef and stout stew is half way through its 8 hour stay in the slow cooker.

Comment

Waiting for the bus replacement service. Good thing I left over an hour early to meet someone....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Waiting for the bus replacement service. Good thing I left over an hour early to meet someone....
        If a bus breaks down or the road needs fixing, why don't they put on a rail replacement service?

Comment

Just found a 1TB drive packed away in a box. Had a look and it contained a backup of my MacBook Air from 2014, and a bunch of Microsoft virtual machines for testing on ancient versions of Internet Explorer. I reformatted it

Comment

Got a "please leave feedback about your recent purchase" email and, being in a benevolent mood, went so far as to click the link and give them five stars.

Then the damn form couldn't be submitted unless I also added some comment in a text field about what the service was like, how it could be improved, and so forth. I mean, I placed an order on their website and they posted it to me. What the hell is there to say?

So I said "I would advise them not to make this a required field, as I might be tempted to knock a star or two off in retaliation for being forced to type something when I have nothing to add." This is now the most recent review on the site

Comment

The driver has a navigator. They are both crazy. They keep doing emergency stops in a a coach. It must be an emergency situation as Londoners are talking to each other.

Comment

That's the obligatory Sunday shop done.

What did we do on Sundays when all the shops (apart from B&Q) were shut?

No wonder there was a long, dark, teatime of the soul.

And I've washed my one remaining baseball cap since even I was becoming frightened of the smell it emitted.

Plus the green towel that gets pressed into service when the roller towel is in the washing machine & drier.

I should buy another roller towel really.

Then I'd have one in the wash and another to use.

Sounds like some sort of a plan.

I found an ancient packet of "Daz" which had a funny reddish tint to it.

It turned out to be brick dust from 3 years ago when Zeity installed the cooker hood in August 2014.

So long, long ago.

I suppose I should take a look at the ZeitPowertranLinsleyHood75WAmplifier but I feel strangely unable to give a tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

What did we do on Sundays when all the shops (apart from B&Q) were shut?

Went dahn the pub

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    Went dahn the pub
                    The pub use to be shut until the evening.

Comment

You could never tell in Wales when or where the feck they were open on a Sunday.

Which caused much angst on occasion.

I think it was 11 until 3 or somesuch, not being a Sunday drinker, like.

IIRC, they were always shut when I wanted a drink & open when I didn't.

Which saved a lot of money really.

Comment

Working...
                      X