• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i lived in scotland, only hotels opened sunday.
    there were hotels with like 6 or 7 rooms, and bars big enough for 200 people

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I suppose I should take a look at the ZeitPowertranLinsleyHood75WAmplifier but I feel strangely unable to give a tulip.
      Done.

Worked perfectly after taking half a million screws out as per usual.

Putting half a million screws back in has, naturally, ensured that the fault is now intermittent.

I seem to have done a remarkable number of mods to the thing over the years.

I wonder if I wrote down what any of them do.

Today's ZeitSundayTea, rather unusually, came out of a tin, being Chicken & Blackbean soup with some Hovis granary bread.

It was ok.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 24 September 2017, 17:11.

Comment

best check the zeitfagpacketarchive then eh?

Comment

Did a bit of gardening, then the rain started so I came back in to edit photos from last September’s safari. 243 still to go.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The pub use to be shut until the evening.
            Used to be 12:00 to 2:30, then 7:00 to 10:00 round here, as I recall. They were still opening at 7:00 on a Sunday evening in 1987, though it can't have been long after that the laws were relaxed a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              best check the zeitfagpacketarchive then eh?
              Dear Deity, if it's in there it's as good as lost.

I was looking at a folder of stuff extracted from electronics design magazines knocking on for 40 years ago & unread since.

Bet it's not in there though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Used to be 12:00 to 2:30, then 7:00 to 10:00 round here, as I recall. They were still opening at 7:00 on a Sunday evening in 1987, though it can't have been long after that the laws were relaxed a bit.
                In the week they were open to 10:30 until the mid-1980s or a bit after. Outside the city, county pubs could open until 11:00 at night. People used to jump in a taxi at quarter past ten to travel out to a town that's really a suburb just outside the city border purely for the sake of an extra half hour in the pub - the Oadby Run, it was known as

Comment

I still remember the rage that overcame me in Port Eynon when asking for two halves of bitter and a couple of cokes, only to be told that the bar was shut coz it was Sunday.

It started my Inspector Dreyfus eyetwitch.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

It started my Inspector Dreyfus eyetwitch.
                    too much information

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I remember being a student and our second home wasn't open in the 1990s on a Sunday until evening. They then changed the law but I had grown up.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X