• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right cleaning to do...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Which she will get use to...
      Yes, initially she was resisting, now she’s getting used to sitting and waiting. It will take time to un-train her, but I don’t think it will be long as she likes to bound around.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just refilled the pepper thingie from the wotsit.

Still sneezing violently.

The ZeitBeef is in the oven, roasting gently alongside an onion and a couple of roast potatoes.

Due to a distinct lack of white cabbage, this lunchtime's repast will be blessed with some red cabbage, which currently looks really pretty.

In a change from last week, I seem to have done very little DIY this weekend, which is probably A Good Thing since the fray returns tomorrow.

Roll on retirement.

But not the way the Blade Runners do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          So a bit light on fresh approaches to IR35 but very instructive on the use of the Barrett M82A1 and anything firing .45ACP or .357 Mag.

Sounds like my sort of film.
          Very much like that. The bits when he's going through buildings shooting enemy gunmen at every turn were somewhat reminiscent of John Wick, I thought - the same unemotional, businesslike approach to shooting people in the face, then pumping another shot in just to be on the safe side

Hope the aspect ratio was correct. One wouldn't want to be held "Hostage" over that & spend the first 20 minutes trying unsuccessfully to get it right.
          As it happens, I noticed a couple of minutes in that one of those captions saying where the forthcoming scene happens was being clipped. Turns out the Apple TV 4K, on initial setup, attempts to set various aspects of the configuration of your TV to optimise HDR, and on my Samsung telly this had somehow cocked up the automatic aspect ratio detection. I went into the TV's settings and reset it to its defaults, then told the Apple TV to try again in its settings, and this time it got it configured correctly. So that's either an Apple or a Samsung bug, but I've no idea which, and I presume it's all OK now

Comment

Very nice out there in the sunshine. We've stood and cheered them all on for an hour or so.

Comment

Just refilled the pepper thingie from the wotsit.

Still sneezing violently.

The ZeitBeef is in the oven, roasting gently alongside an onion and a couple of roast potatoes.

Due to a distinct lack of white cabbage, this lunchtime's repast will be blessed with some red cabbage, which currently looks really pretty.

In a change from last week, I seem to have done very little DIY this weekend, which is probably A Good Thing since the fray returns tomorrow.

Roll on retirement.

But not the way the Blade Runners do it.
              Have you seen any attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion recently zeity?

Comment

Picked sloes off our hedge (planted 3 years ago, this is the first crop), 3.5l of sloe gin under way now.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Have you seen any attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion recently zeity?
                  Yes. It was only yesterday that I was at the Tannhauser Gate with dear old* Roy.

He seemed a little jaded, but there you go.

If you've seen one Cbeam you've seen them all.

*He's about 18 months IIRC.

And that's another ZeitRoastBeefSundayLunch done and dusted.

It was a bit odd since the cabbage water was an interesting shade of violet and made the gravy go a funny colour when combined with the water from the swede (or rutabaga as the colonials know it).

Parts of said swede or rutabaga seemed to resembled wood** which also didn't improve things much.

**and this despite being cooked for nigh on two hours.

The beef was slightly over done despite the oven being turned down to what allegedly was 130 deg C.

I'm beginning to think (though my head hurts when I do) that the calibration of the control is up the proverbial spout in some curious way.

Maybe I should built a PIC(tm) temperature controller for it, or more sensibly, buy another cooker.

The current one was obtained with some difficulty because the rings are allegedly better for making jam***, an activity which is beyond my ken.

***this was Very Important for ZeitMater.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 24 September 2017, 12:16.

Comment

Going to clean the deep fat fryer

Comment

Coping stones back on*. A significant amount of tidying is now required.

* the job has doubled in size from what was originally priced, with the quote being only for the front and not the side bits. Which is somewhat unfortunate, since I'll have the same rigmarole 2 weeks hence. Does explain how he could do the job so reasonably I suppose..

Comment

Working...
                      X