• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From July:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The other day the Big Boss at ClientCo, apparently having run out of things to do, turned his attention to the smartcards we use to get in and out, and to log in to computers. There've been a number of new starters recently and, for some reason, none of the cards have been printed.

I assume the card printer ink must have arrived, as he emailed everybody saying that anybody who had a plain white card, like me, should see him immediately to get it printed. The team lead called across the office to ask him if that included contractors (it's a small office) and he said it did. So I ambled over to get my card printed.

He sent me down to the other end of the office to see the nice HR woman, who stood me against a plain bit of wall and took my photo with an Android phone. Then I ambled back to his desk, where he got it from his email. But he decided it was blurry, and sent me back to her. She took it again, but thought it was still a bit blurry, and tried a third time. This one was apparently OK in her judgement, so back I went to the chap's desk.

But he opened the email, looked at it, looked a bit exasperated, brusquely told me "Look, I'll get back to you" and waved me away.

And there the matter rests. My card remains purest white, except for the gold contacts for the chip.

I wonder if the subject will ever be raised again
    The card remained white until the end

In fact, a few weeks ago they took everybody's picture again, including mine, as they were issuing new cards because of the new-logo-rebranding stuff the marketing department had dreamt up in an attempt to justify its existence. I wasn't actually given a new card, though. The only effect on me was that, due to something to do with Group Policy and a change to their authentication server or something like that which happened at the same time, my old card no longer locked my computer when I took it out. So I had to give the machine the three-fingered salute, as well as taking my card, every time I wanted to walk across the room to get a glass of water

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Home. Only 3.5 hours to do the hundred miles... this proving I was right to always drive home on thursdays.
      Ugh

Grab yourself a beer as a reward

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Ugh

Grab yourself a beer as a reward
        There was no OP in the Sainsburys I went to. Oh and it was a large one.

Absolutely none.

I was mad so I pushed the crates stacked in front of part of the beers in the middle of the aisle making it difficult for those with trolleys to get around.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There was no OP in the Sainsburys I went to. Oh and it was a large one.

Absolutely none.

I was mad so I pushed the crates stacked in front of part of the beers in the middle of the aisle making it difficult for those with trolleys to get around.
          Bugger

There's plenty at the big one here, and they had it in the Local over the road the other day, too

Comment

Amazon have put a locker in the petrol station just down the road from me!

I've still got an order waiting for me at the locker about two miles away and another arriving there tomorrow, though. Wondering if I should cancel those orders, then re-order everything for delivery to the nearer one

Comment

Can I have your spot then?
              Help yourself - it's still warm.

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Exercise done
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home. Only 3.5 hours to do the hundred miles... this proving I was right to always drive home on thursdays.
                    Ugh, similar to the drive the Mrs had left at 3 was back gone 7, Northampton to South London .

We have decided that this Friday leaving will have to change
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another gloriously sunny, yet seriously cold day

The temperature is forecast to reach the vertiginous heights of 7°C sometime shortly before sunset, whereupon it will plummet again. But it still looks nice out there

Comment

Working...
                      X