• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked in, flight overbooked in First, CW and WTP, but thankfully I've got a seat.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Watched Question Time and realised why I stopped watching it.

They have the two dominant characters on there. This time one was a black male Tory MP who interrupted everyone and another was some activist who can't be bother to use her democratic right to vote because she abstained then moaned about the direction the country is going in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

High excitement in the neighbourhood, for tomorrow is Bin Day!

Just kidding; I don't suppose anybody cares less as long as the bins get emptied. But if they're relying on somebody else (aka me) opening the gate to the back alley at seven in the morning, they'll be sorely disappointed after six months of taking it for granted

It's actually rather more than an alley, but not grand enough to be dignified by the term "road"; I'm not sure what to call it really. As it used to give access to the stables that some houses had and seems designed to accommodate carriages and such, maybe "mews"? Or does that imply living quarters for people like grooms and coachmen too? And not all the houses even had stables or such, according the the large scale OS map from around the turn of last century, though ours and a number of others did, most of which survive.

Anyway, goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          One may have been my fault, sorry

I got one too, as I made a joke of yours.
          My post on there about if you are constantly having issues maybe you need to have a little introspective look at yourself.
          That went too.
          Not your fault. Mods are supposed to think before approving/rejecting complaints. I did make a serious post.

Reading through the OP posts its all whining. Best way would be to move the thread to the general bear pit and let nature take its course.

Having said all that, I would never ever be a mod. I can only think admin has incriminating evidence on them as its the only way anyone would do it....

Comment

Shall I bother starting a weekend thread?

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloriously sunny day out there; literally not a cloud in the bits of the sky I've seen from my windows

The downside is that, according to my information device, it's only 3°C out there. Judging by the lingering traces of frost on the old stable roof, I'm willing to believe it

Comment

New lens (well second hand as I'm not spending £1000 on one) has arrived from Orkney.

The interest discovery is that from Orkney next day special delivery is next but 1 day and only if you post early enough in the morning otherwise its next but 2 days.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Not your fault. Mods are supposed to think before approving/rejecting complaints. I did make a serious post.

Reading through the OP posts its all whining. Best way would be to move the thread to the general bear pit and let nature take its course.

Having said all that, I would never ever be a mod. I can only think admin has incriminating evidence on them as its the only way anyone would do it....
                  That was related to the serious point I made the post after, but that was then removed.
                  If you always having trouble with all the BS we have to put up with, maybe you shouldn't be contracting.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just popped out the back and the bin folk haven't been so, unless they were by before somebody else opened the gate, any early rising on my part would have been in vain anyway.

It's still very sunny, but cold enough to be verging on crisp. Still, it looks nice
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 18 November 2016, 11:58. Reason: Why does autocorrect insist on turning "just" into "juts"? I never use the word "juts".

Comment

Beautiful day in Coventry. 100 miles north looks to be a different story with the met office warning of ice, snow and heavy rain. so that's summat to look forward to on the drive back...

Comment

Working...
                      X