• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Any news on this, NF? Is there a verdict you'd care to share?
    Yes, it's good bit of kit - make sure to get the bagel, as IIRC the doughnut only works with US-style plugs.

EDIT: oh, and be sure to get the adapter for UK-style plugs, as the lead on the bagel itself is a US-style plug; though if you already have a US-to-UK adapter, you can just plug it into that, of course
    Last edited by NickFitz; 17 November 2016, 16:12.

Comment

This afternoon's peregrinations have been down the road to a stationer's, so I could buy some parcel tape; onwards from there to DPD, to pick up a parcel I missed last Saturday; a brief pause while I used the parcel tape to seal the box containing the book I'm returning to Amazon because their shoddy packing ripped the dust jacket to shreds; a trip to a nearby corner shop where I could drop off said parcel for collection and return to Amazon; and home again.

It's little errands like these that are such a pain when one's working, particularly working away, as they eat into the precious evening or weekend time. But when you're on the bench, they become quite pleasant little excursions

There was a massive hail shower as I was leaving the DPD depot, but it's brightened up again now.
      Last edited by NickFitz; 17 November 2016, 15:56.

Comment

The DPD parcel contained another of the fruits of Kickstarter - this time, a beautiful book containing facsimile reproductions of the whole of the British Rail Corporate Identity Manual

More on the project: The much-anticipated British Rail Corporate Identity Manual reproduction is here

And more: https://britishrailmanual.com/pages/about-the-book
        Last edited by NickFitz; 17 November 2016, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          One may have been my fault, sorry

I got one too, as I made a joke of yours.
          My post on there about if you are constantly having issues maybe you need to have a little introspective look at yourself.
          That went too.
          Makes one quite nostalgic for the moderation of Scotspine and Ferret.

The present incumbents are a lot of toss.

Comment

Beef and ale casserole is simmering quietly; the ale in question being Old Peculier

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Beef and ale casserole is simmering quietly; the ale in question being Old Peculier
              Seems a waste not to drink it.

I like OP use to help me hike up and down hills.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all The sun is just creeping over the top of the high rise opposite. Taxi due in 20 mins. I'm coming home!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

…and very nice it was too

Chips and peas to accompany it; and there should be enough left for a couple more meals. However, I went a bit mad on the meat purchases yesterday, so I'll probably freeze it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Seems a waste not to drink it.

I like OP use to help me hike up and down hills.
                    I only used half a bottle to give it the flavour; about to drink the rest. And there's more where that came from

Incidentally, Sainsbury's have OP on special offer at £1.60 at the moment.

Comment

I only used half a bottle to give it the flavour; about to drink the rest. And there's more where that came from

Incidentally, Sainsbury's have OP on special offer at £1.60 at the moment.
                      Damn I didn't notice and I went in there after exercising tonight. I will have to go back tomorrow.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X