• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you based at Canary Wharf, Kerb on the Quay are running right through to December 16th.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Rain! Lots of it. I like being at home while it rains

Comment

Buggrit. They are closing the free bar. Offered me one last glass of wine. I said yes.
        She went away and came back with a bottle and said it might be a bit cold.
        I've skied on snow warmer than this red wine.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Buggrit. They are closing the free bar. Offered me one last glass of wine. I said yes.
          She went away and came back with a bottle and said it might be a bit cold.
          I've skied on snow warmer than this red wine.
          let it warm up naturally!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            let it warm up naturally!
            He plans to, using his stomach
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

News from home re Newsome mills. Sitting patiently waiting for regeneration since the early 1980's.

Except, it'll be regenerated in a slightly different form now, what with having being burnt to a crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Except, it'll be regenerated in a slightly different form now, what with having being burnt to a crisp.
                Bugger

Comment

Sainsbury's have pulled a bait-and-switch with their applewood smoked back bacon: it used to be six rashers coming in at 220g, now it's eight rashers at 275g, making each rasher approximately 2.3g lighter

For comparison, that's more than half the average weight of an adult Eurasian pygmy shrew off each rasher

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just backed this power adapter thingy on Kickstarter: the power bagel. $39 including shipping for the one that takes UK plugs. Worth a punt, I suppose, though I'm still a little unclear on whether and how it connects the earth pin
                    Any news on this, NF? Is there a verdict you'd care to share?

Comment

An amusing little scene is taking place outside my window. The barriers which prevent egress from clientco's carpark have been stuck in the up position for some weeks, I know not why. Now it is windy and rainy, it's getting blown over, but doesn't seem to want to raise up again when a car approaches. The security man is having to come out of his hut to lift it. But there aren't enough cars to make it worth his while standing there in the rain full time, so he has to shuffle backwards and forwards every 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X