• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car's ready!

Comment

Reminds me of the time that much the same thing happened to the flush belonging to the Ex-Lustee.

She took said remains to B&Q to be greeted with much sucking of teeth and vocalisations along the lines of "well I haven't seen one of those for nearly 25 years".

After using araldite for a while, I think the cistern got changed in the end.

Comment

Car's home!

It certainly feels a bit better than before

And, having battled our way across the city, a new cistern lever (which it turns out is what they're called) has been obtained, of a size to fit, judging by a quick visual inspection. I'll (try to) fit that once I've had a rest

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Reminds me of the time that much the same thing happened to the flush belonging to the Ex-Lustee.

She took said remains to B&Q to be greeted with much sucking of teeth and vocalisations along the lines of "well I haven't seen one of those for nearly 25 years".

After using araldite for a while, I think the cistern got changed in the end.
          I'm seriously thinking of replacing the cistern, as the existing one is a crappy plastic thing that was probably the cheapest they could find when the place was converted to flats around 1987, and doesn't inspire much confidence. I had a quick look at B&Q, but the only ones I could find came with a toilet attached, and I didn't have time to explore further as I wanted to miss the absolute worst of the rush hour coming back.

Comment

Toilet's fixed!

Flushes a bit easier too, though the cistern still makes a peculiar noise. But I suspect the last one had never really been aligned properly, which made it a bit harder to flush, which led to strain on the handle, which is why it snapped off.

Comment

I reckon it had more to do with the Sunday morning post-chinese strain you put on it. Let's reserve judgement for the time being...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I'm seriously thinking of replacing the cistern, as the existing one is a crappy plastic thing that was probably the cheapest they could find when the place was converted to flats around 1987, and doesn't inspire much confidence. I had a quick look at B&Q, but the only ones I could find came with a toilet attached, and I didn't have time to explore further as I wanted to miss the absolute worst of the rush hour coming back.
                toolstation.com & screfix.com are quite excellent and unlike Buy and Quake are quite cheap.

I only pop in to B&Q & equivalent for sale items (bought their reduced lightwaverf items last time at 80% off), round my way Wickes has a toolstation in it and Screwfix is round the corner (they like bikes as well - I can bring it into the shop).
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I reckon it had more to do with the Sunday morning post-chinese strain you put on it. Let's reserve judgement for the time being...
                  I ended up going for a Chinese tonight as the planned dinner involved lamb shanks, and once I was back and ready to start cooking it would have been far too late when they were ready. So chicken and sweetcorn soup followed by duck with pineapple and fried rice it was

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    toolstation.com & screfix.com are quite excellent and unlike Buy and Quake are quite cheap.

I only pop in to B&Q & equivalent for sale items (bought their reduced lightwaverf items last time at 80% off), round my way Wickes has a toolstation in it and Screwfix is round the corner (they like bikes as well - I can bring it into the shop).
                    There's a Wickes and a Screwfix quite near here, I believe - I'll have to check out their websites. Though Screwfix were the ones who supplied my stair-climbing sack truck, a proper heavy-duty industrial piece of kit, so I already know their delivery service is top-notch

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Didn't know they don't mind bikes. Mind you most things I get from them are awarkward shapes.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X