• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Possibly Thursday?
    Doable...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Home!

Acting on the assumption that the agent might not make the situation clear, I took the opportunity of having a chat about my forthcoming end date with the chap I work with at ClientCo. He was sympathetic to my plight in terms of desperately needing a break, both to recover and to get things like my kitchen sorted out, and my dislike of driving both ways in the dark. It turns out that, although they are pretty certain they have more stuff to do, they're still making decisions about what and when.

I mentioned that I would be amenable to part-time stuff or alternatively being able to work from home a few days a week, and he brightened up a good bit at that; I think maybe they aren't sure they have enough work (or possibly budget) to justify a full-time contractor, so hopefully something along those lines might pan out. We left it there for now as he's still not sure what the future holds anyway

Comment

Just noticed I have a lump behind my ear.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Just noticed I have a lump behind my ear.

Is it the back of your head? That's where mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Is it the back of your head? That's where mine is.
            Nah it's just a lump in the cartilage. It's a bit sore but probably due to me prodding it.

Comment

I got a new bike lock today to secure my bike at home. I can't believe some people on Amazon carry the damn thing with them when they are out and about as it's heavier than the two locks I carry with me combined.

Comment

Steak - ribeye - and chips for tea

The current spuds are from Norfolk. Having given the matter the closest consideration and after much experimentation over a number of years, I'm inclined to say that though Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, and Suffolk all produce a fine Maris Piper, Norfolk's are the best for chips

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I got a new bike lock today to secure my bike at home. I can't believe some people on Amazon carry the damn thing with them when they are out and about as it's heavier than the two locks I carry with me combined.
                  I leave one round the bike rack at ClientCo. Probably should bring it home for the winter.

Comment

Very cold out

I think I'll have a beer, even if it is only Tuesday

Comment

TFBSZ
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X