• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Another gloriously sunny, yet seriously cold day

The temperature is forecast to reach the vertiginous heights of 7°C sometime shortly before sunset, whereupon it will plummet again. But it still looks nice out there
    Ahh window weather.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Another gloriously sunny, yet seriously cold day

The temperature is forecast to reach the vertiginous heights of 7°C sometime shortly before sunset, whereupon it will plummet again. But it still looks nice out there
      Yeah, less so here. It's a good job i'm a hardy and stoic Yorkshireman cos otherwise i'd have been dead miserable standing on the side of a pennine football pitch in the sleety snow this morning...

Comment

Normal service has been resumed: Regulars toast the return of Leicester's Criterion pub | Leicester Mercury

Comment

Unpleasantly cold, raw day.

It was vaguely sunny earlier, but it's been wet & unpleasant this afternoon.

The alder wood that I'm burning on what passes for a fire isn't really cutting the mustard on a giving out heat front, it must be said.

First fire I've lit for yonks.

Spag bol for tea, yum.

Along with some Morrisons BBQ chicken legs which I bought for a change.

Comment

I've cleaned the deep fat fryer, which is one of those moderately grotty tasks that I've been putting off for at least a month because I simply couldn't summon up the energy to deal with it while at ClientCo.

I ended up contemplating the idea of replacing the kitchen sink, and associated units and worktops. I don't suppose I'll ever actually get around to it, and I have no qualifications or experience in such matters; but it would be good

For now, I should probably just stick with stuff I can handle by delegation, like getting the old fridge freezer carted away
            Last edited by NickFitz; 19 November 2016, 18:49.

Comment

Monday will be the start of my first weeks enforced furlough time.
              I'm liking the regime of Mr Fitz, here's the start of a bit of "gardening" leave
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Chicken pasanda with rice and a naan for dinner

Autocorrect wants to change "pasanda" to "passband", which doesn't even look like a real word to me

Ah: "A frequency band within which signals are transmitted by a filter without attenuation." Sounds more like one of Zeity's things

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Monday will be the start of my first weeks enforced furlough time.
                  I'm liking the regime of Mr Fitz, here's the start of a bit of "gardening" leave
                  Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Unpleasantly cold, raw day.

It was vaguely sunny earlier, but it's been wet & unpleasant this afternoon.

The alder wood that I'm burning on what passes for a fire isn't really cutting the mustard on a giving out heat front, it must be said.

First fire I've lit for yonks.

Spag bol for tea, yum.

Along with some Morrisons BBQ chicken legs which I bought for a change.

hit Morrisons tonight forgot thye had some great cheese. Salted Wenslydale it is.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can I just say, apropos of nothing but an earworm that turned up a couple of days ago as the result of remembering a lift I got when I was hitching south for Summer Solstice some time in the early 1990s, that I ******* hate Simply Red? Ta.

Now that's off my chest, goodnight all

P.S. Been pissing down here

Comment

Working...
                      X