• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ommm...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, autumnal day here, though in theory it'll stay dry at least until this evening

Shopping done, and prescription collected

Coffee is now brewing

Comment

First batch of laundry on: shirts for wear to ClientCo

Comment

Exercise done.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Second batch of laundry: towels

My washing machine, having been moved a foot or so to one side when I got rid of an old fridge, has been wobbling a bit when on spin, which is noisy and unsettling. I finally got around to grovelling on the floor before it like a supplicant to a mediaeval monarch, trying to adjust its feet. I couldn't get any of them to turn (implying they're already OK) except one of the front ones, which moved less than an eighth of a turn - yet that seems to have had a tremendous soothing effect. Amazing the difference around a sixteenth of an inch or less can make to a piece of machinery spinning its innards at high speed

Comment

Even the mighty 1600RPM spin, which I've used quite sparingly up to now for fear of shaking open the very gates of Hell, is now tolerable

Comment

Anyway, that's clean clothes for work and clean towels, and I have no more room for drying stuff; so anything else will have to wait until tomorrow

I might get one of those small tumble dryers; drying on the clothes horse is all well and good in summer, but in winter it's a bit of a drawn-out process

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Anyway, that's clean clothes for work and clean towels, and I have no more room for drying stuff; so anything else will have to wait until tomorrow

I might get one of those small tumble dryers; drying on the clothes horse is all well and good in summer, but in winter it's a bit of a drawn-out process
                  Don't you have a dehumidifier? They speed up drying of clothes plus remove excess moisture from the air.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh, and a bacon and sausage baguette, this week featuring Chatsworth cure smoked bacon

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Don't you have a dehumidifier? They speed up drying of clothes plus remove excess moisture from the air.
                      Nope. I don't really have a problem with moisture in the air here, or at least not that I've noticed. Maybe I should consider that as an alternative.

Comment

Working...
                      X