• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a proper 'can't be arsed' day it has been.
    i spent the day reading and playing silly buggers on the computer.
    haven't set foot outside all day.
    breaded haddock, aunt bessie's oven chips and peas for dinner.
    and a nice chablis.

Comment

Just spent half an hour refreshing my memory of how test-kitchen works, and getting it set up properly for the current project. All working now (mainly because most of the required stuff is left on my laptop from dealing with this stuff at ClientCorp thirty months ago), so I think I'll get my act together and head down the Chinese

Comment

A good afternoons research into skiing options has been wasted by a laptop crash requiring the power button to be pressed and held.

Now it's tea time, I find myself uninspired in the extreme.

Other items of note today;
        1. the boxing in and plastering of the kitchen is complete. Not exactly what I had in my minds eye, but it's done which is progress.
        2. Took the kids up the road to castle hill to fly their stunt kite. It's a 1.2 metre job, so not massive by the standards of those things, but it was way too windy for them to have a go given it was pulling me along at times.

Here's the hill from somewhere over towards Holmfirth, I think

Comment

That's quite an old picture. The building to the left of the tower was a nice pub which was demolished to make way for another pub. Sadly, the chaps who bought the place decided that the planning restrictions on a site with prehistoric archeology dotted about were more suggestions rather than hard and fast rules. Their oversized steelworks for the reconstruction were removed, and now there's nothing but kites, picnics and dogging taking place there.

Comment

Wine then beer - is that queer or fine?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Wine then beer - is that queer or fine?
              I thought you were supposed to have them the other way round, but after years of practice it doesn't really matter much

Comment

Dinner from the Chinese was nice, as usual

On the way there I saw something I'd not seen before: a bloke going to the door of one of the massage parlours and ringing the bell! I know the punters must get in and out somehow, but it seems like one never actually sees them entering or leaving.

In this case, though, he was a very burly chap and dressed like a bouncer, so I suspect he may have just been security turning up for the Saturday night shift

Comment

I had fish and chips with wine*. Followed by beer. The chips were lovely.....

*Drinking some wine not on the food

Comment

our favourite (turkish) restaurant as its by the station and we needed to collect the girls from their day trip to London and Guiding's Big Gig.

Also booked Boxing Day where they open especially for us.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Always interesting to hear young men talk on the train about who they shagged last week, what they were doing on 9/11, the sport they don't do, the transport they are on, drinking exploits, when they had a toe operation with details...

Comment

Working...
                      X