• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out but with clouds occasionally making it not sunny as they amble across the sky

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Of the Alien oevre, I think I liked "Aliens" most.

I remember seeing Death Wish in the kinema many years ago, and it gets conflated with Death Wish II for some reason.
      I almost certainly agree on Aliens, though I've not yet seen Alien 3 or the one after that. I have them on disc, though, and thought of watching Alien 3 last night. But I doubt I'll find them any better than anybody else does

I was wondering whether to get Death Wish II, and indeed all the rest, or if they're just more of the same but getting worse each time.

Comment

Out early on the bike this morning, back in time to beat the arrival of the forecast thunderstorms.

Clouds building and wind picking uo now. Still hot though.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I almost certainly agree on Aliens, though I've not yet seen Alien 3 or the one after that. I have them on disc, though, and thought of watching Alien 3 last night. But I doubt I'll find them any better than anybody else does

I was wondering whether to get Death Wish II, and indeed all the rest, or if they're just more of the same but getting worse each time.
          Alien3 is alrightish, 4 is pretty dire and we all know about Prometheus.

I think the main difference in the Death Wish oevre is how much more creaky dear old Charilie Bronson gets as time goes on.

By the end he almost needs a wheelchair.

On the weather front, the grey skies opened & released torrents of rain at about 11:30, it's since stopped but the skies are still grey from horizon to horizon.

Since I await the delivery of my shiny new Miele tumble drier tomorrow, I've done what passes for the shop today.

Rather more irritating than my usual weekend, most of which happens on Sunday.

Almost reminds one of how it Used To Be, back in the day, when, if you didn't buy it on Saturday then you were stuffed until the following Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Out early on the bike this morning, back in time to beat the arrival of the forecast thunderstorms.

Clouds building and wind picking uo now. Still hot though.
            I was pleased to see the lycra louts getting soaked by the various rain storms during my travels this morning.

Particularly the trio of twats cycling 3 abreast up the hill from Pontardawe.

Comment

very noisy storm in Morley. No lightning but the thunder is constant...rains just arrived too

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I think the main difference in the Death Wish oevre is how much more creaky dear old Charilie Bronson gets as time goes on.

By the end he almost needs a wheelchair.
                It's nice that he's still able to get about, though

Comment

Tonight's movie extravaganza commenced with Death Wish, which I may have seen many years ago, but didn't remember, so maybe I hadn't. It was OK, in a 1970s kind of way.

I followed that with Predator, which I definitely have never seen before. It's OK, but it's no Alien

Goodnight all
                  Music better in predator

as is the humour.

Alien however is just better.

Remember its a John McTiernan of Die hard fame.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's nice that he's still able to get about, though
                    If you like Death Wish the Punisher is probably good to watch. Makes Bronson look tame.

It stars that nice Thomas Jane from the mentalist.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch, with lovely soft white bread

Comment

Working...
                      X