• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tomorrow I head south, for a birthday lunch for my brother and my niece, whose birthdays are neatly arranged either side of this weekend.

Yesterday I ordered an Amazon gift card for him off (naturally) Amazon, whose product page assured me it would arrive today if I ordered it within the next 7 hours and 4x minutes. But the gits have gone back on that and it won't arrive until tomorrow, meaning I'll get it after the actual event for which it was required

So I need to either pop out now to get him a card, or allow time to do so tomorrow morning. I suspect I'll leave it until tomorrow

I've already got a card for my niece and I'm going to give her a load of cash, as she's a student and they always like getting cash

Which reminds me, I need to go to the cash machine… FFS
    Ha! Just delivered to the Amazon Locker at the petrol station, which also has a cash machine, so I get an extra twenty minutes to lounge around!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've never seen 84 Charing Cross Road but I read the Readers Digest condensed version of the book when I was about… well, I don't know, but maybe twelve or so? My Uncle John used to get the Readers Digest and it was probably in one borrowed from him, so some time in the early 1970s, as the book came out in 1970. And I've walked past where the shop used to be many times, as Yahoo! Europe is just around the corner on Shaftesbury Avenue. I ought to read the uncondensed book, as well as see the film.
      It's a very short book so it probably didn't need much condensing.

The bit I really can't get over is the cost of septic dentistry.

But then again, without their ludicrous system we'd have missed all the joy of "Breaking Bad".

Well there's inneresting then.

"Silver Machine" on Desert Island Discs.

Very sad about the chap's granddaughter.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 8 October 2017, 12:15.

Comment

Kids doing homework, missus doing the ironing so I have some free time.

Which is being spent watching pole to pole right now because the channel changer is on the other side of the room.

Have to shake a leg to cook later need to time it so it's ready for half time in the footy so we are finished in time to watch most of the second half and then the hobbit part 3.

Comment

Home from Devon, time to do some gardening.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home again

Coming back, my brother stayed behind me all the way up to my junction. I managed to lose him briefly at one point, but he caught up again

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Home from Devon, time to do some gardening.
              <lurchlike groan>

Just cut the lawns for the first time in 3 weeks.

Now actually dead rather than nearly dead.

Piles of concealed dog & cat tulipe in the grass just to add to the total joy of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Well there's inneresting then.

"Silver Machine" on Desert Island Discs.
                I had it on in the car, but very quiet so I didn't know who it was. But I thought it was quite amusing that the first one was some concerto or some such, then the second one was Thomas Tallis' Spem in Alium preceded by learned talk on choral arrangements, then third… Hawkwind!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Fireworks in the distance. Must be the Diwali celebrations across town.

Comment

Working...
                      X