• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Need to see if my car starts up. Do it tomorrow as if it doesn't the garage can give me a jump start.
    You've just reminded me. My Dad nagged me about two weeks ago to release the handbrake on my car before it seizes. That means going outside.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Their pleas for cash are a useful reminder to cull old junk you no longer need.
      Indeed. I should set up something to watch it and move stuff elsewhere if it's not been touched for a while - archive it to S3 or something, and replace it with a link to that just in case I want to get it back

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        The MOT on ZeitPater's car runs out on Sunday.

And can I be arsed to do anything about it?

What do you think.
        SORN it if it is off road.

Otherwise they will try and fine you automatically.

If it's on road move it off and SORN it otherwise some bod may come round and clamp it.

You can SORN it from your PC/laptop.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ribs and chips for dinner

I now have no appointments, engagements, or anything else that needs to be done for the rest of this break. So I'm going to have a beer and watch something on the box, and not care what time I get up in the morning

Comment

Parents evening done and dusted.

English teacher very concerned that DD might not fulfill her potential due to loss of confidence. I have her email now.

Comment

Just checked my NI contributions. 36 full years. Not bad as I am 54 and contracted out for 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Just checked my NI contributions. 36 full years. Not bad as I am 54 and contracted out for 1 year.
                ah! - a callow youth. - that explains a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  SORN it if it is off road.

Otherwise they will try and fine you automatically.

If it's on road move it off and SORN it otherwise some bod may come round and clamp it.

You can SORN it from your PC/laptop.
                  That's not a problem since it's in a carport.

The problem is that a) I need to get the MOT and b) my level of motivation to do anything is practically zero at the moment.

This evening's entertainment was provided by "Grosse Pointe Blank" (1997) with Minnie Driver, John Cusack, and Dan Ackroyd.

Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) - IMDb

I found it rather good, and laugh out loud funny in parts.

Followed by S1E19 of "Person of Interest" wherein Elias gets his revenge & ends up in clink.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 10 October 2017, 21:31.

Comment

Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      That's not a problem since it's in a carport.

The problem is that a) I need to get the MOT and b) my level of motivation to do anything is practically zero at the moment.
                      if you're not using it, SORN it (online as SE says) and save the tax.
                      then MOT it when you want to use it again.
                      but i'd take the battery out and trickle charge it monthly if you're leaving it a while (and a few other things but ICBA typing more)

Comment

Working...
                      X