• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the only one of my 3 cars which is close to roadworthy.

So something must be done, as someone once said.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's cinema experience took on a retro feel with You Only Live Twice (1967) - IMDb. Apparently critics at the time thought it went a bit over the top with the gadgets, which seems like a rather quaint attitude these days, when the major criticism levelled against the billionaires of the world is that not one of them has bothered to build a secret lair underneath a volcano

And after that, a couple more episodes of S1 of The Americans, which I do rather enjoy.

And before that, a bit more of Ambulance during dinner, because for some reason I don't mind watching sick people being scooped up while I'm eating

I've still got a bit of cotton wool taped to the inside of my elbow, because I once tried pulling off the tape the nurse uses to hold it there and it ripped the top layer of skin away with it. I suspect they must get the tape from B&Q, or maybe they picked up a job lot from the Bostik factory across town. Anyway, I'll ease it off in the shower in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Exercise done.

Reminds me must cancel my later session.

Very dark outside due to the rain.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bored.

Now.

There.

That didn't take long.

The only interesting thing this morning was the way the little black & white cat wandered up to me & complained bitterly about the injustices of life, the universe, and everything.

I agreed wholeheartedly.

It reminded me of the conversations I had with ZeitMog, who closely resembled said cat.

I suspect it's a black & white cat thing.

Comment

Morning. Annoyances thus far encountered;
                1. After a night out in Harrogate I discover i've lost my train pass season ticket. We went to see Jimmy Carr, I reckon it's fallen out of my coat pocket there. I'll call them and find out. Conundrum then will be whether it's better to pay a tenner for a replacement, or pay a tenner for a ticket to go and get it. I expect a replacement would also require me to visit a photo booth.
                2. The once daily direct train from Harrogate to London was cancelled meaning a) a horrifically overcrowded Northern Rail conveyance had to suffice and b) there being no first class also meant my plans to take advantage of the included breakfast were thwarted.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Bored.

Now.

There.

That didn't take long.

The only interesting thing this morning was the way the little black & white cat wandered up to me & complained bitterly about the injustices of life, the universe, and everything.

I agreed wholeheartedly.

It reminded me of the conversations I had with ZeitMog, who closely resembled said cat.

I suspect it's a black & white cat thing.
                  Cat was trying to work out if you were worthy of serving it.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Morning. Annoyances thus far encountered;
                    1. After a night out in Harrogate I discover i've lost my train pass season ticket. We went to see Jimmy Carr, I reckon it's fallen out of my coat pocket there. I'll call them and find out. Conundrum then will be whether it's better to pay a tenner for a replacement, or pay a tenner for a ticket to go and get it. I expect a replacement would also require me to visit a photo booth.
                    2. The once daily direct train from Harrogate to London was cancelled meaning a) a horrifically overcrowded Northern Rail conveyance had to suffice and b) there being no first class also meant my plans to take advantage of the included breakfast were thwarted.
                    Arrergut London direct - eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                      Arrergut London direct - eh?
                      Aye. One a day (07:34). There's one back in the evening too (17.33)

Comment

Working...
                      X