• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    NLyUK got you a shift on the phones again?
    Someone had to make up for the loss of business after your shift last night
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning peoples

Not a bad day out there - warm and dry at least.

Todays exciting challenge is to determine what remains to be done by comparing what was promised, verses what has been built so far, and subtracting what has been descoped. BigConsultancy have a list, but Clientco know it will all fall in a heap when presented to EndClientco if a whole load of other tulip isn't added to BigConsultancy's list. Which is where I come in. Apparently, it's important that I am diplomatic when pointing to the holes

As ever with these multi-phase affairs, the hard things get kicked around every so often and then deferred so I bet there's loads of skeletons hidden in cupboards.

Comment

Petrol station lunch, for both me and the car

There's a company meeting going on, so all the permies are shoehorned into a meeting room next to my desk listening to some director who turned up twenty minutes ago, while I sit out here with the place to myself

Comment

Any chance you can stick a chair leg through the door handles and enjoy peace and quiet all afternoon?

Comment

Strewth it's warm staggering up that hill. <sweats gently in the breeze from the deskfan>

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Morning peoples

Not a bad day out there - warm and dry at least.

Todays exciting challenge is to determine what remains to be done by comparing what was promised, verses what has been built so far, and subtracting what has been descoped. BigConsultancy have a list, but Clientco know it will all fall in a heap when presented to EndClientco if a whole load of other tulip isn't added to BigConsultancy's list. Which is where I come in. Apparently, it's important that I am diplomatic when pointing to the holes

As ever with these multi-phase affairs, the hard things get kicked around every so often and then deferred so I bet there's loads of skeletons hidden in cupboards.
              Nothing more exciting (for us mocking contractors) regarding consultancy work in this regard, especially when multiple (greedy) vendors are involved.

Over promise, vastly under deliver.

Its like lambs to the slaughter
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yesterday I fell asleep in a meeting....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Did you snore or dribble?

Comment

Originally posted by Work2Live View Post
                    You are so right! I tend to agree , the T&C's are most helpful when things go TU. I have worked direct a few times and written terms on invoices as suggested and never have i had any issues raised using this technique. I also agree with others that if you try to direct the contract yourself with anything but the smallest of clients you are asking for a massive delay in starting your work. Also worth pointing out is that you must not start before contract terms are agreed in case else you have given up any hope of getting terms agreed!
                    Neither

Though the latter wouldn't have mattered
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Glorious afternoon here, spoiled by two things... 1. Work and 2. A phone call from MIB700 who have my mobile number and think I am a Mr Shaun.
                      No, you bunch of scammers, I am not interested in hearing a top financial tip from you.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X