• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Petrol station lunch, for both me and the car

There's a company meeting going on, so all the permies are shoehorned into a meeting room next to my desk listening to some director who turned up twenty minutes ago, while I sit out here with the place to myself
    oh dear, are you about to have your choice of desks as the permies leave?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a run home, all things considered. A Land Rover Discovery caused a bit of a hold up just ahead of me on the dual carriageway at this end, having lost the ability to go at more than about five mph, and is probably stuck there now - he was on the bit where the main drag has fences to keep the residents of the houses either side from getting in the way, so unless he made it nearly a mile to the next junction, he'll be sitting in his vehicle watching the police cone him off while he waits for a tow truck

Comment

Ah. It's time for the Horne section, apparently.

<click>

And peace reigns triumphant.

I suppose this tulipe must appeal to someone but it certainly doesn't appeal to me.

Two bowls of lentil <pffffft> soup consumed, mostly because it's Thursday.

I am a lizard of very fixed habits it must be said.

However, since it's a bank holiday week, I've missed out the liver and bacon with onion gravy having had spag bol on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          I am a lizard of very fixed habits it must be said.
          They say a change is as good as a rest, but all the research shows that people find change really stressful

Comment

I've had a change, I buy Hovis wholemeal with spelt in it.

I can't tell the difference but it's supposed to be good.

Or something.

Comment

I too went for soup for dinner: oxtail, with several slices of toasted sesame seed bloomer

Not a huge meal, but the good thing about warm weather ruining my appetite is that it gives me the chance to lose a bit of weight without feeling hungry

Comment

This evening's entertainment was largely provided by Fargo S3 Ep1.

Followed by the extras on "The Italian Job" dvd.

I'll get around to the commentary some other time.

It will, no doubt, go into great detail about how the inside shot was in one country, whilst the exterior was halfway around the world.

In this day & age, it's fairly remarkable that they used very little in the way of CGI other than making a traffic jam look bigger.

Comment

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and overcast out there, though no signs of rain

Comment

Working...
                      X