• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight landed early. Home soon!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      All good so far, but whats for dinner .
      As it's too warm for much in the way of effort, dinner was some breaded chicken pieces I picked up in M&S earlier, with frozen chips - the latter cooked in the oven, which I don't often do. With lashings of ketchup to dip into, it was well nice

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Exercise done.

Dinner eaten.

Watching the debate.

Only Rudd, Corbyn and Farron have manners.
        In Liverpool they call Nuttall "a bad Bootle meff"

Comment

Warm in here tonight. Got the fan on in the vague hope it'll help

This place traps the heat very effectively, probably due to the tall windows letting it in and the thick Victorian walls keeping it in. We need a week of cool, or better still cold, weather, and then it'll get back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Warm in here tonight. Got the fan on in the vague hope it'll help

This place traps the heat very effectively, probably due to the tall windows letting it in and the thick Victorian walls keeping it in. We need a week of cool, or better still cold, weather, and then it'll get back to normal.
            It partly depends on the direction you face.

I'm East to West. So East rooms are cool but West room can be very hot.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It partly depends on the direction you face.

I'm East to West. So East rooms are cool but West room can be very hot.
              The front faces a little south of east, and the back faces a little north of west. So the living room warms up in the morning, then the kitchen gets the sun in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The front faces a little south of east, and the back faces a little north of west. So the living room warms up in the morning, then the kitchen gets the sun in the evening.
                The Victorians where clever with their house building for the middle classes up, and their common sense was copied until about the 60s-70s.

So you need to work in the living room then move to the kitchen.

Alternatively you could ensure a draft can go through from SE to NW and keep the curtains/blinds drawn in the living room during the day.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Victorians where clever with their house building for the middle classes up, and their common sense was copied until about the 60s-70s.

So you need to work in the living room then move to the kitchen.

Alternatively you could ensure a draft can go through from SE to NW and keep the curtains/blinds drawn in the living room during the day.
                  The front windows were painted by an idiot eight or nine years ago, and no longer open. It still annoys me

I do tend to leave most of the curtains shut, but the windows are about eight feet high and form a bay that spans almost the entire width of the room (so the side windows of the bay face roughly north and south), so that only helps a little. Nice to have such big windows, though - when I first viewed the place back in 2004, I was sold the moment I saw them from the inside; I'd often thought when walking past this terrace over the years that I liked the big windows

Comment

Back to the fen tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X