• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hectic few days coming up. Tomorrow, it's over to ClientCo in the morning as usual, then down to the Premier Inn in Docklands in the afternoon. Wednesday is the AWS Summit at ExCel, after which I drive home, which may involve the M25 for a few miles. And then I have to work Friday as well as Thursday, to make up the billable time

At least I'll be there for Friday's bacon cob run, though

And then next week I have the dentist on Tuesday (assuming they don't cancel again) so it'll be Wed-Thu-Fri at ClientCo, though at least that means I still get a four-day weekend

Comment

And the evening's venture Specifically into General ends in its usual fashion with the retreat of the stout party back here due to lack of any interest whatsofeckingever.

Quite interesting array of house prices on the various properties for sale in the road.

There's one for 60k down the other end, and opposite that there's a couple at about 90k, whilst the one opposite me is 100k (reduced to).

Quite odd really.

Comment

Quite interesting array of house prices on the various properties for sale in the road.

There's one for 60k down the other end, and opposite that there's a couple at about 90k, whilst the one opposite me is 100k (reduced to).
        Gordon Bennet z, where do you live? Bangladesh?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ribs & chips for tea

Isn't it getting dark early now?

Comment

Bag packed ready for tomorrow night's sojourn in London. Oyster card found, though I'm not sure I'll need it as I'm parking at the hotel, then driving about two hundred yards to park at ExCel for the conference. But I might decide to pop up town for a pint rather than festering in the Premier Inn all night

Comment

This evening's epic was "Frank and Jesse", being a retelling, with Rob Lowe & Bill Paxton, of the story of the two brothers James.

Frank & Jesse (1995) - IMDb

Oddly it was in 4:3 rather than widescreen.

It was suitably bloody in parts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                This evening's epic was "Frank and Jesse", being a retelling, with Rob Lowe & Bill Paxton, of the story of the two brothers James.

Frank & Jesse (1995) - IMDb

Oddly it was in 4:3 rather than widescreen.

It was suitably bloody in parts.
                Apparently The West Wing was originally supposed to be a Rob Lowe vehicle, as he was a hot star at the time. They weren't even going to have the president appear; it would just be about the staffers, primarily him. But once they got down to actually writing and making it, and Martin Sheen came on board, Lowe was quickly relegated to just being another character.

That's why, in the first season, he gets top billing on the credits, with Martin Sheen last and the others in alphabetical order in between. IIRC he was demoted to alphabetical order when they renegotiated the contracts for season 2. Oh, and that's also why he had that big storyline about the call girl in season 1, which sort of gradually fizzled out.

That's about the only thing I know about Rob Lowe

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start here

Apparently I'm likely to be pursued to Cambridgeshire by rain, which will then hang around ready to accompany me on the journey down to London

Comment

Today there will be rain!
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X