• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's movie extravaganza was Bridge of Spies which was absolutely excellent

And after that, a couple of episodes of season two of Mr Robot.
    That's in the ever increasing pile of dvds, about halfway down IIRC.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Spoiler Alert
    It occurs to me that there are certain parallels between Elliot's interactions with his father and Pirsig's interactions with Phaeadrus in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. But maybe that's just me
    End Spoiler Alert
    Very probably.

Yesterday evening's entertainment was provided by the last 40 minutes of Commentary on "Chaos" (not altogether fascinating it must be said, I love the way they worry about the audience twigging that the inside shots are sometimes in a different country to the outside shots), followed by the remake of "The Italian Job", which was surprisingly entertaining and not half bad.

And this evening sees the first ep of S3 of "Fargo".

I wonder if <spoiler> ET </spoiler> will feature this time.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 31 May 2017, 07:29.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit cloudy out, but there's a fair bit of sun getting through

Comment

Bit quiet in here today.

God forbid some of you are actually doing some work

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Bit quiet in here today.

Being constantly pestered by a collective team of Client Co village idiots this morning.

And breathe
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Bit quiet in here today.

The gasman cometh, and the gasman goeth away. Blessed be the name of the gasman.

His annual visit to see if the appliances are OK always involves me in a morning of desperately reorganising the flat so he has unrestricted access to things like the water heater, usually on the far side of a load of junk under a worktop near the kitchen window, and the inexplicable fire in the kitchen, which is lit precisely once a year when he checks it.

It then takes me another hour or so to get things back to normal, usually involving a trip to the tip with a load of crap that I've realised hasn't been touched since I put it back after he came last year

Comment

The gasman also mentioned that he's told several friends the story of my deployment of motion-sensitive IR cameras to work out how best to trap the mice that infested the place a few years ago, and they all agreed it was a brilliant idea

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                Century

Comment

Going back into hiding now
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Going back into hiding now
                    Is that by choice? Or MrsSM forced you into the basement again?

Comment

I suppose I should go and do the shopping, as I won't be able to on Friday and won't want to over the weekend.

But first, a Greggs chicken bake is in the oven for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X