• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could look out of the window - blinds still drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      So very warm in here.

I was interrupted by an office discussion - on dead cats.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I wish I could look out of the window - blinds still drawn.
        Windows? Luxury! I can sort of see some natural light over the other side of the office...

This really is a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Windows? Luxury! I can sort of see some natural light over the other side of the office...

This really is a hole.
          You are lucky. Amazing field just the other side of the blinds. The light is rubbish. I preferred it in London where at least the lights were of good quality.

Comment

In late 1980s I worked on a 2 day contract for RP Martin brokers. They crammed the brokers in. With loads of screens. A lot of brokers worked in their boxers. And a lot of brokers are fat.

Thank goodness I was there in the winter.

Comment

It's not hot in here.

And one of the oiks refused to take the hint & feck off, so I had to have a snooze in here instead of wandering down town to get some exercise.

I find that some nice Wagner is quite good for snoozing to.

Though the noise of the helicopters can wake one up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Nothing to do with ethnicity. You mentioned the country of origin of the person.
                Yep I said the call centre person was a Brit.

Why is that racist?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Is that the sound of police helicopters searching for missing esteemed customers?

Or some other helicopters?

Details, man, details!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    It's not hot in here.

And one of the oiks refused to take the hint & feck off, so I had to have a snooze in here instead of wandering down town to get some exercise.

I find that some nice Wagner is quite good for snoozing to.

You should have said you had a meeting and s/he needs to leave.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I trust the wife was kind enough to leave priorities against east listed item?

Actually no. I was hoping for something in MS Project, instead there were last minute instructions including "don't forget the chickens". The chickens were not forgotten. 2 demijohns of wine bottled. Started clearing out the attic, filled the car with rubbish then drove to the local tip (6 miles away) to find it was closed, drove to the next closest (a further 10 miles), but a mile from it the road was closed which then meant a diversion of another 5 miles.

Back from that, and maybe back into the attic soon.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X