• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First coat of paint on the kitchen, 2nd tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      2 pints of Guinness watching the rugby earlier, 2 bottles of wine at lunch (shared with The Wife (tm)).
      I hope you realise you are Binge drinking?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        There was also a different attitude from the Japanese. The Germans had realised all was lost the Japanese were going to fight to the death. There were a lot of POW deaths as well.

The Chinese civilian deaths are horrific.
        Indeed.

The chap I worked with in 3M who'd been a POW in Nippon during the unpleasantness hated them so much that they had to make sure he was somewhere else if any Japanese visitors came to the plant.

As far as he was concerned, 2 nukes were nowhere near enough, and he was at Nagasaki when the gadget popped so probably knew more about it than most.

Now to find out if the M&S fish BBE 2012 is fit to eat.

I may be sometime.

Comment

It was just about edible.

Now waiting to see if it kills me by botulism.

Feck me, it pongs in here.

I now appreciate exactly why ZeitGrandmother always cooked kippered herring on the open fire.

Strewth.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 3 June 2017, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            More on this as we get it
            The towels are now clean

They've taken their place on the clothes horse, where the early evening sun is shining on them for a little while before it goes behind the big houses up the side road.

That's enough laundry for one day

Comment

Oven and hob just packed up again.

So fish and chips for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Oven and hob just packed up again.

So fish and chips for dinner.
                Mrs BP admitted entirely her fault for not getting it sorted. So that means I am going to suffer.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Mrs BP admitted entirely her fault for not getting it sorted. So that means I am going to suffer.....
                  Sounds like an excellent way to justify having fish & chips for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Imagine having your eternal rest disturbed by a CUK mod eating their snap.

Comment

To the Chinese for dinner

The lady there is back from Antigua, where she went for a wedding, and she said she had a great time

She was quite lucky, as her flight back was with BA on Thursday - apparently there had still been problems and delays to flights on Wednesday, but things were running smoothly again by the time she headed home.

Comment

Working...
                      X