• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I hope you realise you are Binge drinking?
    The definition of "binge drinking" is when you drink very large quantities, but not all the time.
    And Guinness is good for you, so that doesn't count.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's televisual entertainment consisted of the "bonus" stuff off the "Wanted" dvd which was about as interesting as one might expect.

The commentary track was found to be in Hungarian, with which I am quite unacquainted.

This was followed by a somewhat blah ep of Doctor Who.

Followed in turn by 4 eps of the Oz customs thing on Pick and the rather more gentle Motorway cops thing from NZ.

One of the NZ cops was from around by here or by there judging by his accent.

The aggression of drunks seems much the same world wide.

And flipping your car on its roof on a motorway seems a bit ill judged.

They seem a good deal less harsh on drink driving in NZ.

Comment

My evening's viewing commenced with The Day The Earth Stood Still - the fairly recent Keanu Reeves version, not the 1950s one. I thought it was pretty good, as these things go

This was followed by Side Effects which started out giving the impression of erring on the human interest side of things, but gradually metamorphosed into a thriller with some rather cunning twists in the tale

All topped off with another episode of season two of Mr. Robot, though I kept getting distracted by following up BBC News alerts to my phone

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          My evening's viewing commenced with The Day The Earth Stood Still - the fairly recent Keanu Reeves version, not the 1950s one. I thought it was pretty good, as these things go

This was followed by Side Effects which started out giving the impression of erring on the human interest side of things, but gradually metamorphosed into a thriller with some rather cunning twists in the tale

All topped off with another episode of season two of Mr. Robot, though I kept getting distracted by following up BBC News alerts to my phone

Goodnight all
          I have this movie, like a lot.

Comment

I don't have this movie so far as I'm aware, though it could be somewhere in the stacks.

Twas raining somewhat torrentially a little while ago, but it's stopped for now.

Comment

I've avoided news for an entire evening...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                My wife decided to watch it live for about 3 hours over night, then from about 8am today. Every 15 minutes or so, there might be a tiny bit more information/opinion added.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good start. I've largely been avoiding it for weeks, too depressing. Think I'll get put into an induced coma for 5 years and hope things will be better when I wake up.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon from 30,000 ft. Virtually unlimited wifi so I'm going to make the most of it.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Afternoon from 30,000 ft. Virtually unlimited wifi so I'm going to make the most of it
                      by writing on here.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X