• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    The Pacific War seems to have been a bigger bloodbath than the European War was in the West.

In the east I don't suppose there was much difference from what I've read.
    I suppose the Pacific theatre involved repeated landings because of all the islands, whereas other theatres only had them on a few special occasions. They always seem to go quite badly for lots of the people coming ashore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Following yesterday's ZeitStandard fish supper, the ZeitMieleTumbleDrier was pressed into use.

It appears to work.

The towels are no longer like boards covered in sandpaper.

I could get used to this.

During the chores, entertainment of a sort was provided by "Wanted"

Wanted (2008) - IMDb

which proved to be some sort of comic book thing, never my favourite genre it must be said.

It was ok in its way & definitely worth the 33p it cost.

As it transpired, "The Italian Job (2003)" turned out not to have audio commentary, so that saved a good 1:45:15 of my life.

Instead I wasted 43 minutes on

"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" Beastmaster (TV Episode 2017) - IMDb

which I found strangely uninteresting.
      Ah yes the outing of Angelina Jolie's tattoos. Terrible film great stunts & graphics.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I suppose the Pacific theatre involved repeated landings because of all the islands, whereas other theatres only had them on a few special occasions. They always seem to go quite badly for lots of the people coming ashore
        There was also a different attitude from the Japanese. The Germans had realised all was lost the Japanese were going to fight to the death. There were a lot of POW deaths as well.

The Chinese civilian deaths are horrific.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

1 hour to go until taxi to train station then train to airport hotel.... Then tomorrow Bengaluru via Dubai to laugh at a failing project. Its 6 weeks in and the end client suspects the supplier is 5 weeks behind already....

Meanwhile Mrs Eek and the girls are in Hull going to the Paul Heaton concert and I can't go
            Last edited by eek; 3 June 2017, 14:43.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Imagine having your eternal rest disturbed by a CUK mod eating their snap.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                1 hour to go until taxi to train station then train to airport hotel.... Then tomorrow Bengaluru via Dubai to laugh at a failing project. Its 6 weeks in and the end client suspects the supplier is 5 weeks behind already....

Meanwhile Mrs Eek and the girls are in Hull going to the Paul Heaton concert and I can't go
                Only 5? Who are these paragons of offshore efficiency?

Flying emirates?

Comment

Boring work-related shirts washed and hung up to dry - just on the clothes horse, nothing fancy like the washing line in the back yard.

Towels (light-coloured) now in.

More on this as we get it

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Only 5? Who are these paragons of offshore efficiency?

Flying emirates?
                    Yep and I can't say but to be honest they are all the same - its just this time the end client has noticed the problem and has a very good relationship with my clientco
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

2 pints of Guinness watching the rugby earlier, 2 bottles of wine at lunch (shared with The Wife (tm)).
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X