• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out there

The Premier Inn breakfast having been consumed, I'm now deciding on the best route out of London. Google wants me to go up Greys Inn Road and then via some complicated way through Tufnell Park, but after the Finchley Road debacle of Friday I think I'll ignore it and go via Islington. At least I know that route reasonably well

Comment

Home!

Made it back in a couple of minutes under two hours, which is pretty good going from Holborn.

However, on driving in to the parking area out the back, I found that one of the neighbours who never normally parks there had parked there. There's plenty of room, so this wouldn't have been a problem, except that they'd parked slap bang in the middle, between my upstairs neighbour's car at one end and the Super Monkey Car at the other. This left two spaces either side of the interloper, each of which was just too small to park a car in

I did try reversing in and could just squeeze in, but only at the cost of not being able to get out of the car unless I climbed out of the sunroof. So I had to go and park on the road. This made me realise that I hadn't put the new resident's permit in the car at the start of the month, so I then had to come in with all my stuff, find that, and go down and put it in the windscreen.

I'd parked the SMC with about a foot to eighteen inches of spare space on its other side, to allow plenty of room for the people who store some stuff in an area behind a gate there. But they don't really need all that space, as the car has been parked in line with the edge of the gate for a year and they've never asked me to move it or anything. So I figured if I moved the SMC back over, I could get the Toyota in, and in doing so make it just enough of a squeeze for the interloper's driver to get back in their car that they might show a bit of consideration in future rather than being an utter knob.

But the SMC had a flat battery. I'd bought a new one on Friday, which was in the boot of the Toyota. So I came in and got the socket set and pliers, and went out to the street and got the new battery, and took the old battery out and fitted the new one. Then I could move the SMC, and then go and get the Toyota back in from the street, and squeeze it into the space.

And then, finally, I was able to come in, unpack, and relax

Comment

These dreadful first world problems.

Good that the SMC now has a new battery AND a new MOT.

Two houses roughly vacced.

They could do with a good dusting, but I can't be arsed.

Lamb roasted, very nice.

Forgot to put an onion in with it to spice it up a bit.

Sunny now, from grey earlier on.

Vacuum cleaner emptied.

The excitement of my life knows few bounds.

I think I've got the dvd of "Flatliners" somewhere.

"Killer Elite" was on 5* yesterday evening, so I have that to watch this evening in HiDef SP VHS.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1448755/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_18
          Last edited by zeitghost; 7 May 2017, 12:14.

Comment

Good write-up of yesterday's shenanigans by diamond geezer, for anybody wondering if the Boring Conference is actually boring: Notes from Boring 2017

Comment

Odd little film showing on Spike at the moment:

"49th Parallel" set in Canada in 1941.

49th Parallel (1941) - IMDb

Shows the exploits of some German submariners attempting to leave Canada for the then neutral territory of SepticLand.

In other news, the Sunday shop has been completed and the ZeitSeicento is having its battery charged again.

I must get around to doing sommat about it when, if ever, I get a free moment.

Beginning to wonder if the ZeitPainfulShoulder is due to the vacuuming frenzy of Sunday mornings.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 7 May 2017, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Odd little film showing on Spike at the moment:

"49th Parallel" set in Canada in 1941.

49th Parallel (1941) - IMDb

Shows the exploits of some German submariners attempting to leave Canada for the then neutral territory of SepticLand.
                Powell and Pressburger FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Powell and Pressburger FTW!
                  I was sitting down after the exhaustion of the Sunday afternoon shop & noticed it while scrolling up & down the Freesat EPG.

I thought it looked more interesting than watching Ep 1 of "The Prisoner" again.

I just watched the credits, then changed channel.

If there'd been anything happening on the BTCC race on ITV4, that might have got watched instead.

Tea consisted of a large fillet of salmon accompanied by the white cabbage I forgot all about at lunch.

It was very nice. The cabbage wasn't so good having waited around for 4 hours.

Comment

Finally cut the grass.

A third of it is brown and the ground is hard due to lack of substantial rainfall in April.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Chinese for dinner

I think I'll be getting an early night tonight. I always seem to wake up early in a hotel, so on each the last couple of nights I don't think I got more than five or six hours of sleep, and those are the nights when I'm usually making up for not getting enough sleep during the week. I feel utterly worn out now

Comment

Working...
                      X