• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an electronics forum that I've posted on a few times, it has remarkably joyless mods.

I got an infraction for
    1. making a useless post (i.e. telling someone to read the fecking datasheet)
    2. making duplicate posts because it's not exactly obvious why posts don't appear and nothing tells you that until you reach n posts it's moderated

not to mention being infested with snotty know it alls who plainly don't know as much as they think they do.

I'm tempted to suggest a summer holiday.

Comment

Indeed, other forums make ours look positively welcoming. I responded to someone on a cycling forum asking whether people had booked their Lejog accommodation in advance, and responded that we had, and it had provided motivation as we knew we had somewhere that we needed to get to each night. It was disallowed because

"Sorry, this won't do for a first post. Can you flesh it out a bit ? What
      did you book, where ? Which places were good or bad .... You might like to
      introduce yourself, or tell us something about your trip ?

I'm not suggesting that you are a spammer, but I can't tell from your post,
      and it reads a bit like the robot-generated junk we suffer from all the
      time."

So that was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Indeed, other forums make ours look positively welcoming. I responded to someone on a cycling forum asking whether people had booked their Lejog accommodation in advance, and responded that we had, and it had provided motivation as we knew we had somewhere that we needed to get to each night. It was disallowed because

"Sorry, this won't do for a first post. Can you flesh it out a bit ? What
        did you book, where ? Which places were good or bad .... You might like to
        introduce yourself, or tell us something about your trip ?

I'm not suggesting that you are a spammer, but I can't tell from your post,
        and it reads a bit like the robot-generated junk we suffer from all the
        time."

So that was nice.

That's cyclists for you...
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          You can chat to your colleague - now the context is right...
          I actually did, though it was while getting coffee after the network problem was fixed

Comment

Thanks for the update, we were getting worried.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Indeed, other forums make ours look positively welcoming.
              Don't they just.

I was particularly inspired by the twat on edaboard.

LM358 as a comparator (Pulse-oximeter)

My apparently not useless post may be found at post 13.

Comment

Which I find remarkable for a site infested with "please do my homework for me" posts.

Comment

a thoroughly unproductive day :
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Time to wend my weary* way home.

Byeeeeee

*I've spent the afternoon testing AA cells with an AVO set to 10A, effectively an £800 battery tester.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      a thoroughly unproductive day :
                      I've thrown away (i.e. into the dead battery cardboard box) a shedload of leaky & otherwise useless AA cells.

And discovered that you can get nearly 10A out of a new PP3 battery.

Well. there's a thing.

Lentil <pffffft> soup for tea.

I may have stewed raspberries and custard for sweet.

Yum.

Comment

Working...
                      X