• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning
    Good morning to you.

Goody bags being dished out at parkrun - free box of granola and a pack of squishy sweets.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Good morning to you.

Goody bags being dished out at parkrun - free box of granola and a pack of squishy sweets.
      No Big Mac? Lame

Comment

At the barbers gentlemen's hairdressers. There's a queue

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          One more squirrel gone
          Effective, these 50 cals.

Comment

There was a queue last week when I went.

They need more barbers.

Comment

Midday's amusement was the tealeaf making his way out of Boots the Chemist in Neath with the tealeaf alarm going off.

Took one look at me with my navy blue baseball cap with the gold badge (an M&S frat cap apparently), and starts to leg it with his presumable gf.

Then has 2nd thoughts & dodges into the Greyhound Inn to escape me.

I only wear the cap a) coz it's the only one that fits properly and b) it makes scumbags look twice.

Comment

'Tis getting darker & darker.

Which is inconvenient since I'm on (unusually, but mostly coz I forgot 3 towels in the towel wash, so had to quick wash the buggers) the 3rd run of the washing machine today.

However, the big black cloud is passing over without much in the way of precipitation, but enough not to test my newly repaired washing line, the only constructive thing I've done this week.

Comment

Is the difference if they ask you if you want something for the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    There was a queue last week when I went.

They need more barbers.
                    I was there just over an hour

One of the three women is away at the moment, so they were stretched thin anyway. Then, ahead of me, there were two young boys (maybe 7 and 5 or something like that) who were getting complicated fashionable hairstyles under the watchful eye of their (also fashionable-looking) father. Tramlines and all sorts were being spoken of. It was a far cry from my mum hauling me into the barber's and briskly asking for "short back and sides and some off the top" back in the Sixties

They took ages, even being done in parallel, and then the father also wanted some time-consuming process. So I ended up with the woman who often makes a hash of my hair. However, it seemed like she'd got her eye in with all the work on the young chap, as she didn't muck mine up too badly for a change.

Then off to the Amazon Locker, and to Halfords as the car is a tad low on oil, and by that circuitous route to Sainsbury's and Marks & Sparks. As I got in the car with the final couple of items there was a flash of lightning and crack of thunder, and torrential rain came down, echoing my sentiments about the whole arduous process

By the time I'd driven the two miles or so home, it was bright sunshine, presumably in celebration of the fact that it was over. And now I'm having a bacon butty

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Is the difference if they ask you if you want something for the weekend?
                      That, and whether they cut your hair with a fag dangling out of the corner of their mouth so you end up with fag ash looking like dandruff on your shoulders

Comment

Working...
                      X