• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What's the wine?
    Latitude 35 South Chardonnay-Semillon. Probably not going to win the Wine of the Year show, but it's good for cooking, perfectly drinkable in its own right, and - most importantly - Sainsbury's often have it knocked down to £5 a bottle

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My "business" shirts don't exactly get covered in muck so I wash them on this extra-quick cycle that supposedly gets them done in twenty-five minutes - though that doesn't seem to include water heating time, so more like forty.

But I've found that I need to put them through on a proper cycle instead every four or five weeks, or they start developing a profound mustiness
      Quick cycle is only 30 deg C in my machine, which isn't hot enough to kill the bugs.

The cotton cycle is 60 which seems to kill most things since the towels don't pong at all.

The shirts cycle also seems fairly effective, I think it does 50, and then has a steam cycle.

Comment

I was going to say that I couldn't remember the last time I'd bought a bottle of wine until I remember the quarter bottle of Asti that I bought for ZeitMater on Mother's Day.

Sadly, it wasn't really appreciated & I drank most of it.

I think I'll give it a miss next year.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Quick cycle is only 30 deg C in my machine, which isn't hot enough to kill the bugs.

The cotton cycle is 60 which seems to kill most things since the towels don't pong at all.

The shirts cycle also seems fairly effective, I think it does 50, and then has a steam cycle.
          You are suppose to out oxy stuff in with underwear, sports wear and other fabrics where you can't run the wash on 60 degrees to kill the bugs.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I was going to say that I couldn't remember the last time I'd bought a bottle of wine until I remember the quarter bottle of Asti that I bought for ZeitMater on Mother's Day.

Sadly, it wasn't really appreciated & I drank most of it.
            She knew she was loved.

Comment

She knew she was loved.
              WSES <- manly

Comment

You are suppose to out oxy stuff in with underwear, sports wear and other fabrics where you can't run the wash on 60 degrees to kill the bugs.
                That's far too complicated for my simple brain.

Whatever temperature* it cooks the shirts at seems to do the business, it certainly takes long enough at an hour and 50 minutes.

*40 deg C with a steam cycle afterwards. They come out remarkably hot.

Comment

I now have my Chef cookbook installing nginx, which is working as a reverse proxy in front of gunicorn

That dinner must be nearly ready. Getting peckish now

Comment

BBC are such liars - myself, like other anoraks must have done, emailed them to point out their EU petition story was incorrect with the link to check the data and suddenly a "Parliamentary spokeswoman" gave them the date when the petition was created.

Comment

BBC are such liars - myself, like other anoraks must have done, emailed them to point out their EU petition story was incorrect with the link to check the data and suddenly a "Parliamentary spokeswoman" gave them the date when the petition was created.
                      Aye, the poor guy who created the petition is getting loads of abuse on social media as a sore loser. Wonder how many sigs he had before the referendum. Edit: 22 according to the beeb.
                      Last edited by mudskipper; 26 June 2016, 07:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X