• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Just found sommat I built a mere 24 years ago, that sold at the time for about a grand, selling on ebay for £5.

It's even got my initials on the cal sticker.

Fame at last.
    Was watching Lovejoy last night and recognised one of the phones I used to repair.

I also play spot the phone handset in the Bill, Cracker and Colombo.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yes, but:

Don't know if there's any truth in it, but one ignores the wisdom of parents at one's peril
      TBH there could be something in it.
      Mechanics love seeing old cars that have been looked after, especially in these days of sealed engines etc.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Trying to get the new TV set up, now my back is not actually better, but well enough that the exercise will probably do it more good than harm

I've followed Ikea assembly manuals for a variety of their products without any difficulty, usually wondering why shows like The Wire think they're so hard to understand as to make for excellent comic relief as I do so.*

But one look at the diagrams in Samsung's "Quick Start" guide that are supposed to show how to assemble this two-part stand and I'm so confused, I've taken the full manual off to my armchair to read properly

* In fact The Wire did the person-struggling-with-Ikea-assembly thing twice, once with McNulty in the first season, and then a season or two later when he impishly recommended them to Kima.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          TBH there could be something in it.
          Mechanics love seeing old cars that have been looked after, especially in these days of sealed engines etc.
          I must admit I still struggle to think of the Toyota as old, given that I compare it to the Orion; but of course it was made over fifteen years ago, so I suppose it is starting to get on a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I must admit I still struggle to think of the Toyota as old, given that I compare it to the Orion; but of course it was made over fifteen years ago, so I suppose it is starting to get on a bit
            The Mrs. who does all our driving is still driving her Mums old Honda.
            Funny.....has only let us down once in the last 5 years, when the alarm got stuck on and drained the battery.

We do use it a lot, in fact we spend a lot of time in Bristol, where I believe you live, Nick?
            We love Bristol, top place, al ot of friends and family there, in fact reminds me of what Brighton used to be, I lived there for years and years

Currently in Crystal Palace, which, at the very least, has a bit of an independent feel about it.

The "Beards" keep chasing me away from the places I have enjoyed living, I lived right next to Victoria Park in East London fr 10 years, prior to the hipster and yummy mummy invasion
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              The Mrs. who does all our driving is still driving her Mums old Honda.
              Funny.....has only let us down once in the last 5 years, when the alarm got stuck on and drained the battery.

We do use it a lot, in fact we spend a lot of time in Bristol, where I believe you live, Nick?
              We love Bristol, top place, al ot of friends and family there, in fact reminds me of what Brighton used to be, I lived there for years and years

Currently in Crystal Palace, which, at the very least, has a bit of an independent feel about it.

The "Beards" keep chasing me away from the places I have enjoyed living, I lived right next to Victoria Park in East London fr 10 years, prior to the hipster and yummy mummy invasion
              I think NF lives in Leicester, but could be misremembering.

Comment

Well there we go - back to the bench.

Lasted a week before the client realised that they'd brought me in during a panic and hadn't properly weighed up their workload vs the resources they have in-house. The result was me sitting around trying to look busy with not much to do.

Doesn't bother me too much - I can now think about some time off before Christmas. I'd rather twiddle my thumbs at home than at ClientCo.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Well there we go - back to the bench.

Lasted a week before the client realised that they'd brought me in during a panic and hadn't properly weighed up their workload vs the resources they have in-house. The result was me sitting around trying to look busy with not much to do.

Doesn't bother me too much - I can now think about some time off before Christmas. I'd rather twiddle my thumbs at home than at ClientCo.
                  It happens. And I will be on that there bench come January unless something interesting turns up.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just updated my raspberry pi music player at the digs to moodeaudio v3.

Blooming Heck its a good player - The Cure's entreat has never sounded this good...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      I think NF lives in Leicester, but could be misremembering.
                      Bob you are most likely right, maybe he worked in Brizzle, or I've lost the plot completely
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X