• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    It's just a gift card so should be treated as cash. I've never had a problem doing it...
    Well, that's a pisser then.

Comment

Is any of the assembled throng aware of what happens when you renew your passport - do you keep the same passport number, or do you get a totally different one?

Boring backstory - The 6 month validity thing will lapse whilst I am abroad in February. It'll be (just) good on the way out, but not on the way back. I can't imagine Johnny Frog refusing to let me go home under those circumstances but... I don't want to apply for a new one as a) i'm moving house soon and b) I need to book flights sharpish before they become too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Is any of the assembled throng aware of what happens when you renew your passport - do you keep the same passport number, or do you get a totally different one?

Boring backstory - The 6 month validity thing will lapse whilst I am abroad in February. It'll be (just) good on the way out, but not on the way back. I can't imagine Johnny Frog refusing to let me go home under those circumstances but... I don't want to apply for a new one as a) i'm moving house soon and b) I need to book flights sharpish before they become too expensive.
        The passport number is attached to the document itself - the number is embedded within it as part of its manufacturing..
        You don't need your passport details when you book your flight - just before you check-in...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

You dont need to tell them if you move house

I renewed by passport recently, did it all online and passport came within 4 days
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
            omm....
            Nice pali!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              The passport number is attached to the document itself - the number is embedded within it as part of its manufacturing..
              You don't need your passport details when you book your flight - just before you check-in...
              Seem to recall it was a Jet2 thing to input that stuff. I'll find out soon enough. If the number stays with you over multiple iterations of the passport then it's less of an issue.

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              You dont need to tell them if you move house

I renewed by passport recently, did it all online and passport came within 4 days
              Must be drivers licence i'm thinking of then.

Comment

Bacon accomplished

I suppose now I'll have to go for that haircut, and run those other errands I put off yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Bacon accomplished

I suppose now I'll have to go for that haircut, and run those other errands I put off yesterday
                  Ditto (the bacon that is, with addition of sausage).

Comment

Morning all,
                    Ditto again (with additional Egg)
                    now off to convince addled MIL of the importance of a LPA.
                    not looking forward to this at all.

cover me, i'm going in

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Morning all,
                      Ditto again (with additional Egg)
                      now off to convince addled MIL of the importance of a LPA.
                      not looking forward to this at all.

cover me, i'm going in
                      In tin foil?

Comment

Working...
                      X